1st project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corset

Established Member
Reaction score
After 1year of woodwork evening course i have finally finished (almost). I decided to build a tool chest, as my wife would only let me keep tools in the house if hidden. I've therefore have disguised it as a stool with removable sections. I borrowed ideas from some of the other members fantastic tool chests (magnets layout etc.) The wood is from reclaimed school desks (iroko) i think once the chewing gum and ink came off. The dovetails for all the side took me 1 1/2 terms as it is about 90cm a side and 2.5cm thick.
link http://owen-cosslett.magix.net/ under my hobbies
how do you post pictures so they appear?

Hi there,Corset,and welcome.

Click here for info on adding pictures (unless you've already found it,of course :D )

And nice work on the toolchest - keep it up!

Andrew

Welcome to the forum Corset.

Your tools are indeed well hidden! I am sure that the dovetails will go a lot faster with a bit more practice (hint, open your stool, don't sit on it :wink: )

just wanted to say that all the tips i have read on here have been a great help. I am now building a oak side table and have secured a corner of our work lockup to work in. I am therefore going to build a mobile workstation a bit like the "superstation". I have just got to resist the tools, the tools....

Corset.

I like it, the tool box, shall put that on my to do list, but luckily I can keep mine outside in a workshop. With your set of tools you are obviously not a novice.

Great stuff!

Welcome to the forum!

Adam

Your "Tool Box" is way beyond my capabilities and looks great.....A very novel idea.......
Thanks for the pics..
Lin

Back