1st Boot sale 2012

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Went to my first boot sale of 2012

Only about 10 stalls :(

But found this chisel

It weight 380 grams

Will see if I can clean it up and find a makers name

So my first 50p is now invested :lol:

Not being a flat woodworker does this type of chisel have a name ? or is it cr-p :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,133
I must hand you the accolade of either "keen" or "nuts"...not sure which...but bravo for doing the "first-footing" or is it "first-booting" this year mate! :mrgreen: =D> =D> =D> =D>

Firmer chisel...is there a name on it?

May your boots be made of gold and your fairs be fairer still! :mrgreen:

Jim

Hi Jim

There is a saying ( The early bird ) well that was not me :mrgreen:

I arrived at 8am :oops:

Not cleaned it up yet so not sure about a makers name , Will update when I do

PS , another Boot sale in the morning :mrgreen: 8)

well,the proof of the pudding is in the eating... clean it up, sharpen it, use it and let us know how you like it. if it turns out to be a good user it could use a handle.

It's called a "50p you'll never get back" chisel, good for drain cleaning and paint tin opening

Aidan

It's called a "50p you'll never get back" chisel, good for drain cleaning and paint tin opening

Aidan

It's called an "Alowotb" - A lot of work on the back. Though, a nice way to pass the winter evenings, with some taped down emery and a nice cup of tea.

Apparently, our boot sale runs all year, we're just not brave enough to find out - especially with tomorrow's early forecast.

It may be made by Brades, it looks well wellied,but there's enough metal there to make into whatever you want. You couldn't buy that much new tool steel for 50p, looks a good buy.

Inch and a quarter Firmer, but with that tapered thickness and how short it is, could well be a mortice chisel for a specific job.

Back