18mm Baltic Birch Ply - Where to get smaller pieces??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've started on a Matthias Wandel 20" Bandsaw Build and need some decent 18mm Baltic Birch Ply.

I've tried Arnold Laver but they will only sell me a full 8' x 4' sheet at £60+VAT which when I only need two 540x490mm and one 620x710mm sheets seems like a hell of a waste.

Does anyone know of a supplier in the West Midlands/Staffordshire/Cheshire area that might sell me some offcuts?

They're big pieces to be offcuts, you'll get that out of a half sheet though. Personally I'd say get the sheet (but shop around) and keep the offcuts for future projects.

will1983":3bg2yedl said:
Does anyone know of a supplier in the West Midlands/Staffordshire/Cheshire area that might sell me some offcuts?

Try calling some local joinery/kitchen companies and ask if they've got some offcuts they could sell you.

There have been cut to size and off-cut sellers on Ebay . Not cheap but cheaper than buying a whole board.

Thanks All,

I always forget Richard Potters, I didn't know they did part sheets so will give them a call.
I emailed a couple of local cabinetry workshops but no response as yet.

Thanks again
Will

Jacob":1wisxci1 said:
There have been cut to size and off-cut sellers on Ebay . Not cheap but cheaper than buying a whole board.
Yes I got a couple of decent 2x 4 foot sheets at a knock down price. That Gumtree seller, might be worth checking out.

All sorted, I got a full sheet from Travis Perkins, £55 and they cut it down for me so I could get it home.

will1983":2nylg0i9 said:
All sorted, I got a full sheet from Travis Perkins, £55 and they cut it down for me so I could get it home.

You got 18mm Baltic Birch 8x4' for £55 from TP? :O

I just rang the sales manager in my local branch and had a chat. Maybe try that rather than use the web price.

will1983":3o0xfg79 said:
I emailed a couple of local cabinetry workshops but no response as yet.

When on the scrounge, I always find it's better to go to the place in question and ask somebody on a break if they'll let you rummage through their skip. Much more effective than phoning or emailing.

Back