• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 18" unused Incra steel mitre bar/slider

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrbff

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Incra 1000 mitre gauge.
I have a Startrite saw and the mitre slot is only 1/4" deep, so I knew I would have to make myself a new bar/slider.
This is the steel 18" fully adjustable slider removed from the mitre gauge. New and unused.
Library picture and actual item in images.
£20 plus signed for postage at cost.

Attachments

• library miter bar.jpg
    library miter bar.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 40
  • incra.jpg
    incra.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I'm in the same position of wanting to add an Incra mitre gauge to my Statrite saw with 3/4 x 1/4 channel. How did you get on with your replacement bar? I only have woodworking, not metalworking facilities. Making a bar to fit the slot exactly isn't a problem (maybe one for summer and one for winter!), but were you able to attach the gauge securely to a shop made bar retaining full accuracy and functionality ?

I'm in the same position of wanting to add an Incra mitre gauge to my Statrite saw with 3/4 x 1/4 channel. How did you get on with your replacement bar? I only have woodworking, not metalworking facilities. Making a bar to fit the slot exactly isn't a problem (maybe one for summer and one for winter!), but were you able to attach the gauge securely to a shop made bar retaining full accuracy and functionality ?
It was a bit laborious but not difficult.
I bought 3/4" x 1/4" gauge plate in 18" lengths from [email protected]. It did not fit the slot, it was oversize.
So I stuck some 3M aluminium oxide microfinishing film from workshop heaven to the saw table and lapped the width until it fit the slot. This took a while. Using the mitre slides that came with the Incra as a template I marked the hole positions and drilled and tapped using my rather cheap and cheerful Scheppach pillar drill. The slide works perfectly.
The other slides I have made, using some 2nd quality ebony I had, are always moving and never quite slide nicely.

Thank you both for your helpful replies. Peter, does the UHMW material need to be tapped or will a bolt cut its own threads in a slightly undersized hole?

Back