18 mm faced chipboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Does anyone know where you can buy (online or London/Essex area) 18 mm faced chipboard, to build furniture carcasses with. I've used Contiboard before now but find it a bit flimsy.

Thanks

I know it's the wrong side of Lonon for you, buy Moss and Co in Hammersmith sell a wide range of veneered boards. They also do veneered MDF, much nicer to work with than veneered chipboard, but very dusty so a bit of care needed.

Moss and co don't have a website AFAIK, their number is 0208 748 8251

John

Look and see if theres a James Latham Ltd timber merchant near you.

They have branches round the country and stock a good selection of MDF, veneeered in variety of veneers. It would come in 8x4 boards though.

Regards

There is a company called Panel Supplies, in Basildon Essex. I have a copy of their buyers guide. They do ply, mdf and chip board with veneered faces.
Their phone number is 01268 729100. Their web site is just one page.

I have never bought anything from them, but the stuff in the booklet looks good.

This has helped me also, ive been looking for veneered ply & so far ive been making my own veneer on the bandsaw & sticking it to some ply which has worked ok, but this will save some time & wood.

Nick :)

Since following up onthe leads I have found the following contacts for veneered and melamine coated mdfv& chipboard,

S.Silverman & Son (Importers) Ltd
Bentalls
Pipps Hill Industrial Estate
Basildon
Essex
SS14 3BX

Tel: - 01268 246800
Fax: - 01268 246810

James Latham
Unit 4 Dolphin Way
Purfleet
RM19 1NZ