16th. Century Venetian gilded tabernacle frame with hand cut and carved mouldings.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for it (please!). If the exhibition is open to the public I for one would love to see it in the flesh...

Sorry, but it's just too complicated at the moment.

There may be another window in late October for me to exhibit it in London along with the 17th. Century Sansovino frame that I'll start on next week. However at the moment the frame and chest will be staying in Denmark.

If things change I'll take it over, as both the London Guilds who support me and the V&A would like to see it too.

Sorry, but it's just too complicated at the moment.

There may be another window in late October for me to exhibit it in London along with the 17th. Century Sansovino frame that I'll start on next week. However at the moment the frame and chest will be staying in Denmark.

If things change I'll take it over, as both the London Guilds who support me and the V&A would like to see it too.

Whenever would be great! We were at the V&A last week for the Epic Iran exhibition. Extraordinary. Spent hours in there and really want to do a bit more reading and return for a closer inspection of certain exhibits. Spent years in the Gulf region but for political reasons, never got to Iran - a source of regret. Maybe one day.

Last edited:
My only intention was to produce the frame as a research project and I have not thought a great deal about what to do with it afterwards. It doesn't go with the rest of the house, although they are from the same period, so it'll live in the workshop for a while if I can find a space for it.

I was intending to exhibit it in London along with the chest as part of my degree show, but it's proving more than a headache getting it there. There was a time when I would have put it all on a pallet and just sent it, but the requirement to now obtain customs clearance and the lack of any clear guidance on how to do it makes it very difficult.

Ship it to Ireland, load it on a hire van and catch a ferry from Belfast... :)

Back