15mm mitre fence bar for Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RARA

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently purchased a kity 613 bandsaw and am looking to get a mitre fence to go with it.

I can't find any with the right bar size - the groove is 15mm which seems completely non standard.

Does anyone have any pointers on where to look for one?

Thanks

RARA":2ep44dkk said:
I have recently purchased a kity 613 bandsaw and am looking to get a mitre fence to go with it.

I can't find any with the right bar size - the groove is 15mm which seems completely non standard.

Are you sure it's 15mm and not 15.8? I ask 'cause I've recently bought an Axminster TS-200, which I understand to be a clone of the Kity 419, and that has mitre slots of just under 16mm, which I presumed was supposed to be 5/8". (I'm wondering, now, since I thought Kity were a French company, and the French adopted the metric system long enough ago you'd have thought they'd have forgotten about inches.)

On that note, according to the guy from there I had an email conversation with recently Axminster will sell you the mitre fence from the TS-200 separately, which I believe from what I've heard will fit the 419, and thus maybe your bandsaw as well? He gave me the following order information:

7000057…. MITRE FENCE PARTS 79 80 81 TS200 @ £18.35

I was really just after the runner, so I'm still looking around for alternatives that might not cost me nearly twenty quid for a length of profiled aluminium, but if you're after the whole thing it may be a good bet for you.

(For what it's worth, even if your slot really is 15mm, the sliding rail on the mitre fence that came with my TS-200 would still probably fit, it's got that much play in the TS-200's slot. I'll have to hammer it out a bit when I need it for something! ;-)

Its definitely bang on 15mm at the narrowest point (has a wider section below). Kity aren't very forthcoming with information to say the least.

I'll have a look into that axminster one though - its not listed on their website that I can see but a quick email might dig up some solutions.

Have also just been informed that I need to buy a block (not sure if that's the correct name, but the small part of the steel table that is around the saw balde). Woefully under prepared!

RARA":2242nngb said:
Have also just been informed that I need to buy a block (not sure if that's the correct name, but the small part of the steel table that is around the saw balde). Woefully under prepared!

Unless I misunderstand which part you mean, I think it's usually called 'insert' or 'throat plate' or something like that - and you can easily make your own. Just measure the hole, cut a piece of MDF to fit the width and length, slide it into place with the saw running to cut the slot, then shim up to meet the height of the table.

(I'm not even sure I've seen them on sale, to be honest!)

Back