15/32 drill bit?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where i might find a 15/32ths or 11.9mm lip and spur, brad point type drill bit,( for drilling one half of the jr gent pen kit)?
ive googled til i'm cross eyed and can only find them in the states. even the pen kit seller (timberbits) doesnt have them in stock #-o (plus they are not pointy ones)

just tried a 11.5mm and reamed it up and down a few times, the brass tube went in but the blank split as the glue was drying :evil: and i havent got a 12mm to try.

In Walter Hall's book he says the drills for the Jr. Gents pen are 10.5mm & 12.5mm. Hope this helps.

not sure why you want lip and spur ? - I use these for drilling pen blanks on the lathe, locating the drill bit direct in the tailstock...they don't wander anywhere and you get a perfect clean cut everytime with no variation in diameter etc

downsides are obviously that you need the right MT tailstock and they become a very 'dedicated' solution; and therefore relatively expensive.

I find both my 1MT chuck solutions provide a little play at the drill tip when pusched, and obviously the thinner the drill the more total movement can occur. At 10mm I am hard pressed to move the drill tip at all (I can't) with these.

I can't comment on the sizes you need at all - I just linked to the size you asked for. I have had excellent service from Andrew (that seller) and he responds well to communication.

jumps":2dyhomyu said:
not sure why you want lip and spur ? - I use these for drilling pen blanks on the lathe, locating the drill bit direct in the tailstock...they don't wander anywhere and you get a perfect clean cut everytime with no variation in diameter etc

downsides are obviously that you need the right MT tailstock and they become a very 'dedicated' solution; and therefore relatively expensive.

I find both my 1MT chuck solutions provide a little play at the drill tip when pusched, and obviously the thinner the drill the more total movement can occur. At 10mm I am hard pressed to move the drill tip at all (I can't) with these.

I can't comment on the sizes you need at all - I just linked to the size you asked for. I have had excellent service from Andrew (that seller) and he responds well to communication.

cheers jumps , but the morphic waves are not coming through :wink: got a link :?: :)

nev":29g74v22 said:
jumps":29g74v22 said:

cheers jumps , but the morphic waves are not coming through :wink: got a link :?: :)

whoops.......... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SKF-D..._Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item336640b6ad

jumps
cheers, sensible option but as you say a touch pricey esp since i'd have to buy a chuck (to hold the blank) too :(

lofty
thanks, good link. bits ordered :)

i think it was the lip and spur bit that was tripping me up. #-o

Back