1200 Bamboo Skewers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had to find a way of storing my knives that didn't become redundant when I made or bought a new one, I had seen knife blocks with bamboo skewers in, so I thought I would lay it on its side.
Its made from 6mm birch ply and I had to glue the skewers in to stop them from pulling out.
It works very well, my carving fork and steel fit in as well as the knives, I had to do a dry run to determine the amount of them needed to leave space for the knives.
I got the skewers from Dunelm Mills at 99p for 100 they seen to be the cheapest around, still got 200 left and its the end of BBQ season!
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Pete

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,376
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,376
Hi, evergreen

I just pored a thick layer of glue in the bottom before I put the skewers in, about 2mm thick I guess.

Pete

Bingo,

been getting fed up with my knives getting knocked about and knife blocks are made for sets usually and/or bloody expensive

that's going on my to do list - i'm thinking a darker surround to off set the lighter bamboo

brilliant

Back