12 hrs and counting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIke W

Sorry but not suprised at what you found. I find the hard part for me is KNOWING the difference. and having my own high personal standards. FOr me doing my standard or work against whats there draws attention but not the desire that anyone feels its worth anymore than what they are all ready getting. And it carries over into what we do as furniture builders. As long as its CHEAPand shiny nobody cares about anything else . I had a lady bring me an "ANtique" tonight. It was suppose to be a small pie safe. It was actually the top off of an old stepback cupboard that had been cut off at the bottom. The top valence from the cabinet had been ripped out and the drawers from the bottom section were moved to the top on some nailed in pine runners. She paid 500.00 for it (39w x55H x12 d) it was gonna cost 200.00 to fix it. I told here I could build her one and antique it for 650.00.. She doesn't no what to do cause they won't take it back and she doesn't want to put any money in it. BUt it was an "Antique" LOL
I hope your personality can handle it better than mine.

Oh yeah guy also talked to me about taking 48 2-8x6-8 frame and pywood panel doors and using them to make wainscot (proper english)
) for his restaurant. Giveme a break.

Dave

Back