12" Contractor's T/S

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicky

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody peeps, great forum. Only just found this site again after getting a new computer and loosing all my favourites!
Anyway, I have just purchased a 12" C/I T/S from a company called Lyndhurst down in Bristol. Looking through the forum, nobody seems to mention it regarding buying advice. Basically, the saw is the same as the xcalibur, but bigger..........12" blade, 3hp induction motor, left tilt arbour (like the jet) and the same fence as the sip 10" 'unisaw', and 2 C/I latticed wings. You can also use the fence on the left side of the blade as there is also a scale there as well. all in all it appears to be a good saw but have yet to use it in anger! I will post some pics later once I have got the hang of it and I'll mibee even write a review.

Once again, great witty site, look forward to joining the gang.

Welcome to the forum,Dicky.

Look forward to pictures and review,as I have just bought a 12" contractors saw (because I needed the 90mm depth of cut for garden/outdoor construction work) and have yet to use it in anger also - but when the weather get's warmer I have 50 or 60 8' lengths of 90mm timber to rip up :twisted:

Andrew

Cheer's guys.
What make is yours? The one I have is........... no name! Cuts 105mm though. Like Nailers xcalibur, it also doesn't have a CE mark, but does comply with all the current regs, ie. dados don't fit, less than 10 secs run down time and NVR switch.

Hello - look forward to the pictures. I just bought the Jet315 site saw, rips oak and maple like butter. Have fun with your new purchase.

If its from Lyndhurst it will be from Eastern Europe and will have not been tested for CE - thats what I found when I purchased from them and returned the item.

Barry,
did you return it because it didn't have CE mark or was it because the saw was no good. I am fully aware of the regs and guidance regarding the supply of machinery and also the current PUWER's and woodworking machinery regs, but if the saw is not being used for business purposes ie hobby use, it functions adequatly for your needs and is up to the required standards, then IMHO the saw is ok. However, if the saw is rubbish, then back it goes!

I forgot to mention, I believe it is manufactured in Taiwan or somewhere like that, which is why there is no CE mark. Apparently at the same factory as alot of the yank saws.

Dickey have you visited their warehouse in Bristol??
Most of their products are from Eastern Europe.
If you want more details send me a private mail

Hi dudes,
bad news on the saw front! The NEW saw (second one) was nearly as bad as the first. The main problems appear to be poor mounting of the blade arbour housing castings. No matter what I have done to set the saw up, alining the motor pulley with the arbour pulley, changing to a better blade, using a 10" blade, the b....y thing will not stop vibrating itself to death. If not for this, I think the saw would be excellent as the motor is as sweet as a sweet thing when not connected to the arbour pulley, and it is a solid piece of kit.
I don't think I will be buying from them again. However, their customer services have been very good, with no problem returning the saws.
I am still looking for a new saw and as usual, am schizofrenic as to which one to get! I have been looking through the forum for advice. I might give woodford a ring tomorow, but I'm vary of their after sales service. Also in mind is Jet 250, Fox F36-529, Kity 419, Record TSPP250, Dewalt 746k and Sip01332. Any advice on these will be much needed and appreciated

Back