12" blade table saw wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzer

Reaction score
I'm looking for a table saw with a 12 inch blade, new or used, does anybody know of one ?

There are several good ones on eBay at the moment, both older and newer.

The iTech saws are effectively SIP saw's with different colours, all much of a muchness. I would be looking at something like a Hammer K3 personally, they come up occasionally on the usual Internet auction sites and of course are still available new direct from Felder. The usual suspects of traditional old cast behemoths and cabinet saws should not be left off the list either. Of course Axi have their variant, all depends on your budget. Do haggle if you do buy new (and old of course), no harm asking. The likes of Felder are unlikely to come down on price but you can probably get some half decent Forrest blades thrown into the deal, just be prepared for you and your future generations to be contacted by Felder until the end of time.
Buying a second user 12" saw is clearly going to come with additional logistics and they will be exponential dependent on the location and weight (obviously) relevant to where it needs to go. Buying second hand will likely give you more for your money but also very likely require more of your time.
Be aware of footprint if you get a slider, you will be surprised how much real estate it will eat in your shop. Also factor in scoring blades if you buy new and need that feature as some saws have this option only at point of purchase.

Oh and make sure you use the blade guard ;)

Oh and make sure you use the blade guard ;)
Given the tenoning and dado blade capacities as featured on the hammer, you'll have to make some sort of upper shaw guard

You do not want to fall foul of the HSE hit squad ;)

I've heard the use of long push sticks have been bandied about as an idea. Cant confim that though....

I’ve just man handled a 3years old iTech 01446 off a van and into the workshop yesterday ! Yes it’s the same as SIP brand. Even with the extension table off, it was still a struggle for 2 people. Thanks god I got the wheelbase for it. Getting it onto the wheelbase required a bit of creative thinking but once it’s on .. PHEW .. keep an eye out.. they do come up in eBay now and then. ITech 315 is usual in the description.

Given the tenoning and dado blade capacities as featured on the hammer, you'll have to make some sort of upper shaw guard
Unfortunately, the dado / tenon option on Hammers is one of those features installed at point of purchase and can't be retrofitted, much like the scoring blade.

Ask me how I know :(

That's a total PITA and it only needs a longer stub on the blade mount, which for either standard blade or dado isnt going to cause any problems, even if you never fit a dado.

Should be a standard, and you should send a strong letter of complaint because it isn't :? Although that will prompt them to tell you they can sell you a bit and even offer at reduced cost to send out an engineer to swop them over.

Back