11mm grease gun connector for Fobco quill?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjalloq

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm trying to grease the quill on my Fobco but the recessed nipple sits in a counterbore of 11mm diameter. My grease gun has a standard 15mm 4-jaw connector. Anyone have any idea where I can get a connector that is <11mm? None of the catalogues seem to specify the diameter of the connector.

Cheers.

sjalloq":1pin0lcu said:
.....the recessed nipple sits in a counterbore of 11mm diameter. ......

Is it an actual nipple or a spring ball oiler? if the latter then most good guns come with a needle nozzle that is smaller diameter and should reach.

Alternate if it's a ball end nozzle is the simpler small push gun that usually come pre-loaded with suitable grease.

This sort of thing:-
411GGYj3ZSL[1].jpg

Attachments

• 411GGYj3ZSL[1].jpg
    411GGYj3ZSL[1].jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 107
My knowledge of greased nipples is minimal (shame) so I'm struggling with the naming but it looks like this. Same as all the other nipples on the body as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• Nipple.jpg
    Nipple.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 79
Make a tubular adaptor to bring the nipple out from within the counterbore?
You could send me the nipple and I'd make something to do the job?

Bob

Just order up a new nipple, whip that one out and work out what thread it has (possibly 1/8th BSP) and get either a regular style nipple, an extension for the nipple to screw into or drill and re-tap to a more suitable size. Any bearing/engineering/nut & bolt shop will sell them

Thanks a lot for the info and offers of help. Sorry for the slow reply but I obviously forgot to click the follow button.

I ended up buying one of those small push on guns from Machine Mart. It fits over the nipple but is possibly the worst tool I've ever bought - I guess I can't expect much for a fiver. It's going in the bin as soon as I'm done. :) The plunge mechanism is so stiff and crunchy it's almost impossible to use and I'm sure more grease comes out of the rear than out the tip.

Back