110v site vac's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katellwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a 110v extractor/vacuum with a power takeoff to match with my 110v dewalt 745 saw.

Unfortunately all the 110v vac's i have looked at seem to have a low wattage capability (sub 900w), far lower than the saw (1300w but with a 1700w input).

240v vacs with power takeoff seem to have a much larger wattage for the power takeoff

Can any sparkies out there explain this and possibly point me in the direction of a vac that will fill my requirements

TIA

katellwood":3d3uq43c said:
…..
240v vacs with power takeoff seem to have a much larger wattage for the power takeoff

Can any sparkies out there explain this ……..

I expect it is due to the current capability of the output control component, be it a relay, thyristor/triac, MOSFET or whatever.

For 110volt the output current will be double that required at 220 volt for the same wattage rating.

If manufactures are using the same 'out of the box' units to do the job in both 110 & 220 volt equipment then that would define the max current capability.

Makita's VC4210mx has a 1750w power take off wattage. Handles the Makita Ls1013 which claims to have a 1430w motor.

It will also be constrained by the rating of the power cable and plug on the supply side. If you have a 16 Amp plug, 110V gives you 1760 Watts total. Thats about 900W each for the vac motor and the connected tool.

Assuming you have to stay 110V, plug your saw and vac in on separate power leads. Don't try to run the saw through the vac. Look for a radio remote control switch unit with a keyfob control that you can plug between the vac and the supply. That makes turning the extractor on and off easy and almost as convenient as auto switching.
Ebay should be able to help.

thanks for the replies, It was the instant startup i wanted.

I currently have three 240v vacs which I can use so will stick with those

Back