UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent. I love the way you've managed to achieve the illusion of huge depth on the head of that otter.

They're both very good but I love that otter, excellent 'representation' [searching for the right word].
It's no wonder you get repeat orders.

I'm fed up looking for words of praise for your work. Your work is simply too good. It is obvious that you have done more than just cut out pieces of wood, your work reflects the observation/knowledge you have of your subjects and also shows your understanding of the nuances of various types of wood. You must be very proud of your work, I just wish I could understand how you manage it.
Thanks for showing all these pieces, I get something to aim for that keeps me going.

take care
Don W

Hi Brian,

Excellent work - as always - and a lovely finish to your pieces of work.

As you wouldn't sell me one of your hare's (hammer) :mrgreen: I took your advice and made my own :wink:. My wife was over the moon with it and thank you for your additional help and advice regarding the cutting out, I might be ready to tackle another piece.

You mentioned a new 'sitting hare' project. My wife is potty about hares so I was wondered whose pattern you were using. Is the pattern available online or is it in a book?

Attached is my version of the hare. It ain't perfect but she loves it which is all that counts really.

Barry

Attachments

• hare.jpg
    hare.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,072
Thanks for your comments Brian, much appreciated. You're making your own patterns now? Is there no end to your talents :shock:

I'm looking forward to seeing the other hares once you've posted them.

Having cut the Judy Gale Roberts hare I'm pretty sure my wife would like another one to go with her collection of bronze hares. Of the top of your head, do you know of any other hare patterns that are available online or in books?

Barry

hi Brian

once again you have some fantastic designs for your work, so jealous.

I hope to actually buy a better scroll saw, but everytime i see something someone has written to compliment one manufacturer there is someone else who knocks the said same machine.

The reports of the Jet 22" sound good, but I don't think i am going to get away with a purchase of one of those even without knowing exactly the purchase price.

Missed a couple of Hegners by the 'skin of my teeth' , but hopefully i will beat the opposition one day. But if not one of the trade ones from Axminster look a good possibility.

Meanwhile my 'man cave' is undergoing a major overhaul so i can find things a lot easier, and make room for my new scroll saw, whenever that is.

Keep up the good work with your designs, for sure they are inspiring me, well done.

Speak soon

Regards

Phil

Back