100v soldering iron

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's thermal mass you're after, then I'm not sure how the Hakko would be a good choice.
"Because the Weller type has a coil that heats parts that really don't need heating, and the Hakko has an element that heats only the working tip, apparently, making less wattage more efficiently ............. according to their literature. "

Re TS 100:
For what it's worth, I just melted a large blob of lead free onto the side of a small baked bean can, with no problem at all. The (displayed) temperature did not dip from 360C . I was quite surprised.

The Antex is looking good, atm. If I go for a Hakko it'll be a 100v one - I can't justify £140 for 230v as opposed to £50 for a 100v, though of course that needs a transformer and quite possibly the likelihood of a fake is higher with a bigger market place. I'd sooner buy in this country, really, and the Weller 101D is still in contention despite reading and hearing so many bad reports.

John Brown":15s5diuz said:
Re TS 100:
For what it's worth, I just melted a large blob of lead free onto the side of a small baked bean can, with no problem at all. The (displayed) temperature did not dip from 360C . I was quite surprised.

surprises me too if I'm honest. I guess I run it of a lower power supply so maybe that makes a big difference as you already alluded too), I ran the ts100 (before I sold it to a friend) at 12v which rated it as a 17w iron, at 19v it was around the 40w marker so yep, massive difference.

now back to Phil's issue. :)

Well, I've bought the Antex TCS50 witha a stand and spare tips. It looks to be good - made in China, obviously - the spare tips will be a bonus, £3.50 as opposed to £17.50 for the Weller ones and pull off push on - no nut to seize or lose. Time will tell, but pleased so far. :D
CPC were quick on delivery and the best prices I found - had I bought from the most expensive sources the package would have cost me £40+ more. :D

DSCF0160.JPG

A few lumps and bumps, but I've not finished the back yet. Quite pleased for a first attempt. About ten inches long.

Attachments

• DSCF0160.JPG
    DSCF0160.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 105
phil.p":resrsdei said:

A few lumps and bumps, but I've not finished the back yet. Quite pleased for a first attempt. About ten inches long.
That looks superb ! I'd love to be able to do that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back