• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 10" Planer thicknesser for a small hobby workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Hi all

I recently tried a record power planer thicknesser at another member's workshop and understood how much I need one.

So I am looking for a solid 10" planer thicknesser. Budget is anywhere between£300 - £550 depending on the condition.

No disrespect to anyone but I am only looking for a induction motor options like record power, metabo etc on the lower of my budget and the likes of Kity, scheppach HMS type towards the higher end.

I don't have space or budget for the large wadkins, jets and axy offerings unless I am unaware of smaller ones by any of them.

I am based in Bucks, but happy to consider collecting from a little further away.

Look forward to hearing from some of you!

Last edited:
The Inca is only 9" and the one you've found doesn't have a guard or a proper fence. Personally I wouldn't consider buying a machine out of production either

The Inca is only 9" and the one you've found doesn't have a guard or a proper fence. Personally I wouldn't consider buying a machine out of production either
The fence thing was a concern for me as well, but didn't realize it was only 9"

I know 1" shouldn't make much difference (there is a joke there somewhere) but it might be worth waiting for one that ticks most boxes, as you suggested.

Back