• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 10" Planer thicknesser for a small hobby workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Hi all

I recently tried a record power planer thicknesser at another member's workshop and understood how much I need one.

So I am looking for a solid 10" planer thicknesser. Budget is anywhere between£300 - £550 depending on the condition.

No disrespect to anyone but I am only looking for a induction motor options like record power, metabo etc on the lower of my budget and the likes of Kity, scheppach HMS type towards the higher end.

I don't have space or budget for the large wadkins, jets and axy offerings unless I am unaware of smaller ones by any of them.

I am based in Bucks, but happy to consider collecting from a little further away.

Look forward to hearing from some of you!

Last edited:

Sachakins

The most wasted of days is one without woodwork
Reaction score

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Hi, this is pushing your budget up a bit, but inc free delivery from this supplier.

That is a good find, however, I have let go of a couple of scheppach ones for roughly that price on eBay, purely because it is slightly out of my budget at the moment.

Who knows, in a short time, I might be able to find one or manage to save up a bit more for this one.

Thanks 😊

WoodchipWilbur

If you never fail you're not trying hard enough
UKW Supporter
Reaction score

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score

BucksDad

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
The Inca is only 9" and the one you've found doesn't have a guard or a proper fence. Personally I wouldn't consider buying a machine out of production either

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
The Inca is only 9" and the one you've found doesn't have a guard or a proper fence. Personally I wouldn't consider buying a machine out of production either
The fence thing was a concern for me as well, but didn't realize it was only 9"

I know 1" shouldn't make much difference (there is a joke there somewhere) but it might be worth waiting for one that ticks most boxes, as you suggested.

stuart little

Established Member
Reaction score

DavidConnelly

Established Member
Reaction score

jonn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is pushing your budget up a bit, but inc free delivery from this supplier.

Have that Metabo, and it is very good. Only thing: Get a good chip extractor as otherwise it clogs up quite quickly. But that goes for any planer/thicknesser in my experience.