10:30 this morning.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
In the "shap" Roller door open.

Attachments

• IMG_20210721_103708_510.jpg
    IMG_20210721_103708_510.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 101
Mine has hit 35 for the last two days. My computer (workshop/office combined) passed out from heat exhaustion on Monday. It recovered over Monday night but promptly popped it clogs on Tuesday morning and shows no signs of reviving today.
I'm hiding in the coolest room in the house with my laptop

35 degrees is just right. Pour yourself an improbable cocktail and pretend you're in Ibiza. Don't forget to applaud the sunset.

Even the PCs there tend to handle heat less well!!

Looks like a typical summer day here (the 91F). Not that we enjoy it - it's been coming with 75F dewpoints lately and sun, and the trio together is yucky. "two shower" days.

(separately, I made a trip to houston when I was young. Several days that I was there, the temps were over 100F and the dewpoint reached 80 degrees four of the five days. This is above normal even for houston. I got sick without noticing it coming on just hitting golf balls (you can't sweat fast enough to cool in the heat and humidity - it doesn't evaporate fast enough).

As I was going downhill as a relatively fit and very young man (neither of which fits me now), I glanced over to see a group of mexican men doing concrete work for new building - long sleeve shirts and jeans. I guess something happens when it gets that hot that it's cooler to not have the sun hitting you, thus all in long pants and long sleeves). I felt pretty ashamed at my lack of toughness compared to them!!

(hotel staff roved the grounds looking for northerners dropping in the heat and picked me up and dropped me off at my room - which was a frigid 80F and no no humidity. The difference between 103 and 81F dewpoint and 80 degrees with low humidity gave me the shakes).

I knew it was warmer before I even got out of bed this morning.

I'm now in shorts, first time in years. lol.

Down now to a nice 35 C

Attachments

• IMG_20210722_101056_145.jpg
    IMG_20210722_101056_145.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 8
Back