10/10 to Alltools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,
Just had a chat with my 80-year old Uncle Tom, who has decided it's time he had a woodworking workshop. For his birthday last week he got a Bosch 900ACE router. First time he used it it made a terrible row, poor finish etce etc. When locked on the one column, the other could still be moved.

"Just bring it back" said the man on the phone. This meant a 300-mile round trip, but Tom likes driving and his son lives in SHeffield anyway, so he did. He expected to be told, "Well they are all like that these days, sir", but no, the bloke agreed it was faulty and offered to swap it. He checked it while he was there. It was the same. As was the next one they opened. And the demo one in the shop.

"This is rubbish" says Tom, and Mr Salesman agreed. "Tell you what", says Mr S, "Choose another router". So Tom picks a nice meaty DeWalt with 80mm of depth and a plunge as smooth as a baby's bum. It was an extra £30, but "You've come a long way, so you can have it at the same price as the Bosch".

Now that's pretty good service in my book.

The company is Alltools, and they have a branch here in Nottingham too, and are opening up a brand new showroom next week. I'll have to toottle along and see what they have got.

They have a very happy customer, and I think it deserves recognition, don't you?

Cheers
Steve

Certainly does deserve recognition Steve. As does your star of an 80 year old uncle. I hope I can consider taking on a new hobby and drive 300 miles when (if) i reach 80 :p :wink:

I will be looking out for the branch in Nottingham and pay it a visit

Hi Both

It is on Ashling Court which is off Iremonger Road (at the back of Notts County) and it will be open 8 - 7 Monday - Friday and, I think 8 - 5 on Saturday.

It opens this Wednesday the 25th.

Unfortunately, they sent me a card last week saying that it was open. Thinking that they had opened a week early I duly trotted along to find a big sign saying closed, open on the 25th.

It will be interesting to see what happens there as all of the people who knew anything about machines left some time ago. It might have been a reaction to being taken over by Alltools. They were Hopkinsons on Station Road.

Cheers
Neil

Gosh. Impressive indeed. And your Uncle Tom avoided having a Bosch 900 in his cabin too - lucky escape. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back