1/2 Shank Top & Bottom Bearing Flush Trim Table Router Bit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I am looking for recommendations for a 1/2" shank top & bottom bearing flush trim table router bit that will work well on plywood and doesn't cost too much.

I know that you can spend what you like on router bits and usually the more you spend, the better the result and longer the tool will last. I am hoping someone has one of these that they bought reasonably cheaply that they can recommend?

Thanks for your help.

I've never seen one with a bearing top and bottom. If Wealden don't have one, they'll make one for you. You don't get better cutters or service anywhere.

Weldon would be my recommendation for value.

If you wanted to spend more, the 4 fluted radian tools bit gives an exceptional finish, but isn't cheap. If using it professionally, it probably paya for itself in terms of time saved sanding.

phil.p":4cbcjqda said:
https://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Down_Shear_Trim_23.html
I have this one, it's excellent. You probably don't need that depth, though, a shorter one would do which would be cheaper.

I went a little further and got their up/down shear trimmer. This has the advantage that you get an "inwards" shear cut on the top and bottom of the work, giving better edges. You need to position the middle of the cutter somewhere in between the top and bottom of the work.

Latest posts

Back