‘Seascape’ piece - wip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
New project taking shape - “seascape”.

Inspired by watching a Mike Hosaluk demo and leaving it in back of my mind to muse for a year or two!

So far I’ve turned a simple footed bowl (Mark Hancock - this was one of the extra pieces of wet syc’y from one of your Jamie charity days!), and started to sketch in / pyro outline some of the fish. I’ve taken inspiration from Mike’s flying birds / weird creatures vessels. The rim will be pyro’ed black, I’m just thinking about how dense to make the fish population and whether to add seaweed and if so, how much. Fish will be coloured, background natural wood colour.

Simon

P.S. Also wonder how many here also seen my post on this on Fb hence Qs how valuable this forum As has been very much quieter recently.

Attachments

• 2C5DBECE-6209-443D-B778-D9D69E39CF04.jpeg
    2C5DBECE-6209-443D-B778-D9D69E39CF04.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 3650A58A-FB10-4579-ABB3-54F0B0667C5E.jpeg
    3650A58A-FB10-4579-ABB3-54F0B0667C5E.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 35
  • E185BD6C-A64D-41A8-9EFE-6972A27D9D21.jpeg
    E185BD6C-A64D-41A8-9EFE-6972A27D9D21.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 35
Hello Simon...remember me?
How’s things going....that bowl looks interesting...
I managed to pick up a axminster6” jointer/planer...been cleaning up and repainting it...may come n handy for joint games woods before turning.
May see you soon?

Steve

New project taking shape - “seascape”.

Inspired by watching a Mike Hosaluk demo and leaving it in back of my mind to muse for a year or two!

So far I’ve turned a simple footed bowl (Mark Hancock - this was one of the extra pieces of wet syc’y from one of your Jamie charity days!), and started to sketch in / pyro outline some of the fish. I’ve taken inspiration from Mike’s flying birds / weird creatures vessels. The rim will be pyro’ed black, I’m just thinking about how dense to make the fish population and whether to add seaweed and if so, how much. Fish will be coloured, background natural wood colour.

Simon

P.S. Also wonder how many here also seen my post on this on Fb hence Qs how valuable this forum As has been very much quieter recently.
Looks like a fun project....

Looks like a fun project and I look forward to the completed piece.

As for FB. I hate the format and unless joining every turning group would probably not have found your pictures. I find it lousy to search. And since everyone that posts their work also posts their politics etc there is a lot of junk to wade through. At least here if someone posts non woodworking drivel it is in casual. 😊 Shall I tell you what I really think?🤣

Pete

Looks good and a great bit of fun doing that one Simon. I am guilty of not posting much but that is mainly due to rearranging the garden and moving sheds including the workshop as having a larger workshop soon.
I could not find Nemo on there :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back