£24.99 Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JMT,
I went & bought an ALDI table this morning. Got it home, then found exactly the problem you mention. I'd tried to fit my 'power craft' router that I'd got from aldi previously thinking, 'same make, should fit'. NO, so went back for the router on offer only to find THAT won't fit either as you said. I toyed with the idea of grinding the corners off the sole plate to make it fit. Should still be safe enough to use, BUT, 2 things here. 1. Why should I have to do this to make supposedly compatible items work together?
2. In the event of any injury, I have modified said item & would invalidate any warranty & or claim for damages & suchlike. So, I'm fed up now, having a table that I can't use, unless anyone can tell me of a router that'll fit correctly.
Cheers, Sliver. :( :?

Silver,

Could you post a picture of the underside of the table?

I have an old Trend MK1 router table and to use my first router, a Bosch pof500 in it I had to make a spacer that went between the base of the router and the underside of the mounting plate. Trend even give instructions on doing this.

For those who are unsure of the prob - The table has a circular location that will take up to 155mm diameter the router on offer instore has a baseplate of 160mm so won't fit.
Fortunately for me one of my other routers has a baseplate of 155mm so no prob and the Aldi router will stay on the shelf with the others for hand work.

So how deep is the recess?

If its only 1/8" ~ 1/4" then I would just fit a thin ply shim, you lose a little more of the depth of cut but for lots of jobs it should still be OK.

Argos have a cheap router on clearance for £10
Here
Not sure of the base plate size, but it's got to be worth a try.

Hi all,
Dave, thanks for the advice on the spacer, think I may be able to get away with that. Took the new router back this morning, they took it back into stock without any problem. Manager could not understand why they are selling a router that won't fit the table, but as I am a 'regular', he took me at my word. Sorry, not able to post pics right now.

J, Thanks for the tip on the argos router, but judging by the photo I suspect it's the same size as the others. I would guess that the same manufacturer makes them all for the budget end of the market.

Still, all worth looking into. Thanks again guys.

cheers, sliver. :) :)

Smee again,
Mate had a Blackspur that did the trick. Fits the table well. No need to adjust anything, as long as it's 150mm it'll fit.

Cheers people,

Sliver. :D :D

sliver":2a55t7dt said:
Hi all,
Dave, thanks for the advice on the spacer, think I may be able to get away with that. Took the new router back this morning, they took it back into stock without any problem. Manager could not understand why they are selling a router that won't fit the table, but as I am a 'regular', he took me at my word. Sorry, not able to post pics right now.

J, Thanks for the tip on the argos router, but judging by the photo I suspect it's the same size as the others. I would guess that the same manufacturer makes them all for the budget end of the market.

Still, all worth looking into. Thanks again guys.

cheers, sliver. :) :)

I bought one of these tables to replace my much heavier, less portable home made one. I used my old nu-tool/B&Q Performance Power 1/4" router which fits perfectly. The Argos Challenge model, is identical to mine except for the colour of the plastic. I am going to buy one for spares. At that price you can't go wrong.

hi all cannot find the aldi router table on there website,there does not seem to be a search engine,have not got an aldi store near me (watford)

thank you

micks,
You've probably missed out now anyway.
Aldi have different offers every week. If they're good offers they can be sold out within hours of the store opening on that particular day.

They don't sell stuff through their website, these are instore only deals.

The router table was a few weeks ago now, probably all gone by now. But they'll probably be on offer again in a few months, these things come round a few times a year.
Keep an eye out on their website for the weekly offers.
(next week they have a recoprocating saw for £20, amongst other things)

best of luck
J

Latest posts

Back