Yet another jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

Seems that I am making quite a few jigs lately. Here is an idea I had last night to allow me to route a stopped grove in the top of a box lid for some Mahogany to be inlaid. I needed some end stops on my guide.

I used a steel insert for the 6mm setscrew to run in and lock the end stop in position and ground the end of the bolts to a nice flat finish so that they did not chew up the aluminium.

Works very nicely.

I am intending to stick a couple of pieces of flexible measuring tape across the top, from the middle out to each side, to allow accurate setups.

Groove_jig_1.JPG

Groove_jig_2.JPG

Groove_jig_3.JPG

Groove_jig_4.JPG

Edited once for spelling :oops:

Tony i think you should set up a dedicated jig site m8 :lol: i get one good idea every decade (hammer) .Keep taking the vitamins and posting the jigs you putting us all in the shade :oops:

Ah bejabers! The man has more jigs than Michael Flatley, so he does.*

I like it, Tony. Making a clamp guide a little more hand tool friendly has been on the Tuit list for a while now; if I can remember I'll probably pinch your idea and make a set of my own at the same time. Ta muchly.

Cheers, Alf

*With apologies to inhabitants of the Emerald Isle for my atrocious acccent and general stereotyping. Feel free to dig out a few "Ooo-rrs" and "Me 'andsomes" in return. :D

Alf, that Avatar is gorgeous and reminds me that I need to make another shooting board soon!

Alf apparently said -"With apologies to inhabitants of the Emerald Isle for my atrocious acccent and general stereotyping. Feel free to dig out a few "Ooo-rrs" and "Me 'andsomes" in return. "

You'll be hearing from me, drectly...

Rgds

Noel

Alf, I have to explain to visitors to North Devon that “dreckly” is similar to the Spanish “mañana”, but without it’s intense sense of urgency. I’d say six months is on the hurried side.

Regards, John

Latest posts

Back