Yandles Show Cancelled

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yandles

Reaction score
Due to the extreme rain over Easter which resulted in our fields becoming flooded and having looked at the future weather forecast, Yandles has been left with no choice but to cancel our show.

It goes without saying that this was not an easy decision as the company had already invested heavily in the event and we are fully aware how many people enjoy this show but this morning, after more rain, we have had no alternative but to cancel.

We will however be hosting a Record Power road show on the 13th and 14th April and all the shops will hold a Mega sale starting on the 13th and running until the end of the month.

Can we thank everyone in advance for their understanding of our decision.

Best of luck with your re-scheduled event, hope the sun shines and it's a roaring success!

I get the impression you normally build up your stocks of highly figured and rarer timbers in advance of your shows?

Is that the case this time? I'm trying to decide if it's worth a run down just to look through your wood racks.

Thanks for your understanding.

We have been busy building up stocks and we will continue to do, so hopefully by the 13th the timber sheds will be full and of course we will be offering the show discount from that date until the end of the month.

That's a disappointment, but an understandable one having today passed through flooded areas where we've not seen such for several years.

A great shame. The CLA game fair suffered in the same way some years ago - a huge loss for everyone.
Keep at it!

I am confused. The Yandles Spring Woodworking show was scheduled for Friday 13th and Saturday 14th April. It has been cancelled due to a waterlogged parking field but they are holding a Record Power road show on those dates. Are they not expecting visitors?

The Record Road Show normally attracts around 50 to 100 customers a day whilst the main show attracts 3000 to3500 per day plus in the region of 200 representatives , demonstrators and extra staff.
We have good parking for around 150 to 200 cars but obviously not for the 1500+ vehicles the show generates each day.
We were aware that a large number of people save up to purchase machinery , timber etc at our event and that is why we decided to hold a two week sale which hopefully would spread the number of visitors over several days which would enable our car park to cope. The sale is also online.
Despite spending over £5000 notifying our customers of the cancelled show we are aware that not everyone will have heard, so Record volunteered to put on their Road Show in order to offer something to those who may turn up expecting the big event. Likewise there are many who book visits to the area and who still plan to call in so it hopefully will give a little bit extra interest to their visit.
Sadly cancelling such an event and letting down loyal customers is never easy and can I take this opportunity to thank all those who have contacted us offering their support. Unfortunately there will be many losers this weekend from the local hotels and shops to several local charities who use our shows to raise funds.
We all at Yandles always enjoy hosting this event and it cancellation has left us all feeling very disappointed but we still have the September Show to look forward to!

Yandles":39exs528 said:
The Record Road Show normally attracts around 50 to 100 customers a day whilst the main show attracts 3000 to3500 per day plus in the region of 200 representatives , demonstrators and extra staff.
We have good parking for around 150 to 200 cars but obviously not for the 1500+ vehicles the show generates each day.
We were aware that a large number of people save up to purchase machinery , timber etc at our event and that is why we decided to hold a two week sale which hopefully would spread the number of visitors over several days which would enable our car park to cope. The sale is also online.
Despite spending over £5000 notifying our customers of the cancelled show we are aware that not everyone will have heard, so Record volunteered to put on their Road Show in order to offer something to those who may turn up expecting the big event. Likewise there are many who book visits to the area and who still plan to call in so it hopefully will give a little bit extra interest to their visit.
Sadly cancelling such an event and letting down loyal customers is never easy and can I take this opportunity to thank all those who have contacted us offering their support. Unfortunately there will be many losers this weekend from the local hotels and shops to several local charities who use our shows to raise funds.
We all at Yandles always enjoy hosting this event and it cancellation has left us all feeling very disappointed but we still have the September Show to look forward to!

Thanks for letting me know. I now fully understand and will be there in September.

Latest posts

Back