Wood suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennygunn1

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Complete newbie here but recently got the bug for scroll sawing after picking up the Aldi one :) it's doing me well just now until I either commit to the hobby or it falls to the wayside like so many of my other 'passions' :D
My question for you guys would be where is the best place to source suitable wood to use?, I live in the Highlands of Scotland so internet based would be best if possible.
All the best
Cheers

I keep checking skips for bits of scrap wood that can be used and have found bits of oak flooring and other thin bits.
Another way to get cheap wood is charity shops, some of the old tables and units can be dismantled (hammer) for suitable wood to use in projects.

Glen.

Hi kenny
Brodies saw mill at dunkeld is a good place if your passing they have lots of off cut s from their joinery business but usually oak ash tulipwood Douglas fir
If yr wanting mail order G and S timber at Penrith www.toolsandtimber.com are pretty good they do lime plaques in their carving range I use quite a lot for segmentation etc reasonable prices both places will machine wood for you if you need special sizes
Martyn
MJOriginals

Back