Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Charley, CHJ, Noel

By fenhayman
Daughter is moving into new house fitted with engineered wood flooring bought from B&Q. Centre of lounge floor is very dull/damaged no obvious scratches. Damage looks to have been caused by mechanical means _ irregular in shape and in degree. Patch is circular about five feet across.
Question are will it polish out and if so with what.
I don't want to hire a polisher may buy one if floor will need regular attention. Have buffer pads on DIY drill.
Can't get there to photograph it. Any advice appreciated.
By profchris
If they have anything like T-Cut or metal polish to hand, get them to buff a tiny part by hand to see if it comes up shiny.

If not, the finish will have been abraded off, and they'll need to sand back the whole thing and refinish.
User avatar
By Phil Pascoe
Be careful if it's decided to sand it down, try a piece somewhere hidden - the finish is likely to be horrendous stuff to sand through.
By fenhayman
Thanks for the advice. Tried metal polish and T cut but was obvious that sanding was one of the answers. The other answer was a rug. She didn't want one but changed her mind when I offered to pay for it! Now sorted..