Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By Deadeye
What online emporium has
- good quality
- competitive pricing
- easy to search/navigate
- not a rip off for postage if I buy a few different things
- a good range

I've spent all my busget on tools and now need some consumables!
By bourbon
screw fix, but I bought a trade pack about 10 years ago and I'm still using them. (don't use screws much)
By Jasper42
Always used screwfix and only buy when the offers are on but this is getting to be a bit of a long wait lately. Been g looking at toolstation and
Been thinking of trying there next time as the prices look better
By undergroundhunter
The turbo gold from screwfix seem good value to me, if you want cheaper then then goldscrews are ok. I used to buy my brass screws from toolstation I haven't bought any n a while so cant really comment. I would like to find a place to buy steel slotted screws that aren't astronomically expensive.

Matt
By MrDavidRoberts
It's really simple, If you want good quality screws for decent price go to Toolstation
If you prefer to pay 2-4x more but want a screw which comes in a packaging which says that it's a Super Extra Special Turbo Mega Gold Edition screw ,Cough..It's the same Screw.. Cough.. -Go to SCREWfix , The name says it all about their intentions... You must be really desperate to go to that place.
By Beau
Toolstation for most screws but I like the Turbo coach screws From Screwfix for larger outdoor projects.
By Mark A
As I mentioned earlier, Toolstation TorxFast / ForgeFast for most jobs, but for masonry these really are fantastic:

https://www.toolstation.com/search?searchstr=85179 47328 94050

The cheaper gold-coloured ones rust badly in no time at all, but the Fischer don't seem to corrode.
By clanger
My preference is to use Spax screws - I normally buy from local builders merchants (as I get staff discount through my wife :D ) - However, I have also bought from IronmongeryDirect.

Chris
By GrahamF
What about outdoor screws for L & B gates/doors and hardware? Who uses what? I'm fed up with them rusting away in no time.
By SteveF
undergroundhunter wrote:The turbo gold from screwfix seem good value to me, if you want cheaper then then goldscrews are ok. I used to buy my brass screws from toolstation I haven't bought any n a while so cant really comment. I would like to find a place to buy steel slotted screws that aren't astronomically expensive.
Matt

does anyone really use steel slotted anymore?
I wondered if there was a use for the few boxes I have still

Steve