whats happened????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, another one, i want to reply to a wanted post but there is no way to reply, i cant even PM the guy (Merlin). Sorting through the members list is daunting as it's not in strict alphabetical order.

Click on his profile picture Hawkeye. So to pm me for example click on the calvin picture and you'll see the option to PM me direct etc.

You can't reply to wanted posts in the forum like a normal thread, only by PM. I think its to keep it all neat and tidy in there.
Edit... ahhh, there you go. Nev is on the case.

Bm101":xzqlo6rk said:
Click on his profile picture Hawkeye. So to pm me for example click on the calvin picture and you'll see the option to PM me direct etc.

Just clicked on your avatar, no way to pm you.
tried with nev, nope.

Click on the members avatar and this window appears

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 11.56.57.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 11.56.57.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 11.56.57.png
    877.5 KB · Views: 788
That is so faded that I didnt see it after two attempts to find it.
Any chance of making that bolder?

Yes, I can see it, too ... but I hadn't noticed it, which is different! It could really do with a bit more contrast. Not urgent but nice.

Mmm seem to have awoken a Kracken lol. Many thanks for pointing things out to me. I know different forum software differ slightly but this seems to be a big step forward.

Nev, it isnt about not seeing it, its about having to be told where to look. So many people have asked where things are that I know it isnt just me.
Now i know its there, I can find it if I need it.

Nev,

You are being a bit unfair, he certainly not the only one who had not spotted this greyed out symbol tucked away at the bottom, as I was having the same problem last week.

Maybe it's not your brilliant eyesight but just you are more familiar with the layout. I readily admit that now I know it's difficult to miss.

I am genuinely not trying to be unfair or obtuse in any way. Like I said my eyesight is not 100% but when I click on an avatar and a pop up window appears about 6"x3" I can clearly see a grey envelope on a white background. I will happily admit its not clearly labelled as a PM or email button and that the grey could be darker, but if Bob or others fail to see it when looking for it after it being pointed out to them then my logical brain says either their monitor is not displaying correctly or they need glasses. Its the same colour as the No Image button clicked to get there.
I am genuinely trying to help and not be a smartarse. Don't know what else I can do to help.

It's just people getting used to stuff Nev. We'll all get there eventually. Pointed out to me by someone else. I point it out to Bob. etc etc Just takes a while.

Regarding the 'grey' bit, windows has been in existence, something that is grey 'greyed out' won't work as a link. Our brains just stop us from trying it.

hawkeyefxr":26ab0pv9 said:
Regarding the 'grey' bit, windows has been in existence, something that is grey 'greyed out' won't work as a link. Our brains just stop us from trying it.
Now you mention it,that makes sense and maybe why I had trouble.

Back