What is David Charlesworth using?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ttrees":k6wzkr3u said:
Can you actually, say draw a pencil line on the iron from each side and for them to be parallel?Talking about regular vintage irons, not sure if modern irons are parallel
Tom
Parallel enough to see with my own eyes when the cutting edge it arrived with was not square, parallel enough that I could square that edge off with a jig and parallel enough that I could see with my square that it had indeed been squared up, whereupon one might then start pineappling around with cambers and all that other dung.....

Edit: Good lord, Stanley make some shoddy cack, don't they - My plane irons were almost a full 0.03º out of parallel. I must go write a strongly worded letter of complaint - How can I ever be expected to get a vaguely square cutting edge with such unparallel edges, eh!!!

On another note, does anyone know if David C is still teaching his courses personally?

I had been hoping to make one his courses in the next year, but heard that he wasn't so well.

David C's writing and DVDs have been brilliant help and inspiration to me. I hope he's doing OK.

Back