Wet Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Oppressed Slave of Gary The Cat
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
So last Saturday my new bigger workshop was built and since then I've been getting concerned about the damp inside.

The building was delivered the Monday before and as soon as it was it chucked it down but the days after the delivery were dry. However when we came to erect it the panels were still really quite damp.

One week on (almost) and the inside is still really damp and it seems that patches of the walls are really wet in places after a good downpour.

I want to move into my new workshop soon and dismantle the old one but I don't really want to work in a place with damp walls.

Any suggestions on what I can do to rectify this problem?

Difficult to know what to say without knowing what your workshop is made from and how it has been waterproofed - it has , hasn't it ? Let us know some details and I'm sure you'll get some useful help

I don't think it has been.

"May we point out the process of tanalising and pressure treatment does not mean that your building will be waterproof!"

Only found this out after it arrived here.

Can anyone recommend me a good waterproof paint for it. It's smooth timber.

Hi Doris

Silly question - but have you got things like guttering sorted yet? Shed roofs can catch a lot of rain and the rain pours of the edges during heavy storms . It can splash back from hard ground under the planking and on a windy day it can all be blown back against the wooden walls.

Martin

Back