Veneer jointing/shooting table saw sled

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantbeat

Established Member
Reaction score
Built myself a long shooting sled for cutting the edges of veneer bundles on the table saw, jointing long veneers can be a such a pain, test runs are giving very good results.

Attachments

• IMG_7916.jpg
    IMG_7916.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_7915.jpg
    IMG_7915.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_7914.jpg
    IMG_7914.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_7913.jpg
    IMG_7913.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_7911.jpg
    IMG_7911.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 950
That looks like it'll be a massive stress and time saver.
Smart job !
Coley

Peter Sefton":1ee4l3jn said:
looks good, we get some great results cutting veneers on our table saw. We don't use a sled but the sliding carriage with MDF above and below the veneer to prevent breakout and a banana bar for pressure.

Cheers Peter
thats exactly how i used to do it, then i got rid of the sliding panel saw as it took up too much room, i hardly used it except for veneer... been struggling on since, found enough waste Ply the other month & the "lightbulb" moment happened.

I like that it'll slot in the groove on the tablesaw bed, so it's always bang on in the right place.
I might have to borrow that idea :lol:

ColeyS1":sgqi7o6l said:
I like that it'll slot in the groove on the tablesaw bed, so it's always bang on in the right place.

i made it without at first, tried it... it being 8 foot long & heavy resulted in lots of swearing as i tried to get it aligned up, went back to the drawing board & then remembered my saw has slots ether side of the blade, lightbulb 2 appeared... no need to use the fence...

giantbeat":2v8mjtwf said:
ColeyS1":2v8mjtwf said:

i made it without at first, tried it... it being 8 foot long & heavy resulted in lots of swearing as i tried to get it aligned up, went back to the drawing board & then remembered my saw has slots ether side of the blade, lightbulb 2 appeared... no need to use the fence...
It's quality ! Just screwed this piece of wood onto a piece of metal that came with the saw- I've had the saw over ten years and until seeing your pic, never really thought it was that useful
95f572b59e40eaf5732fdc79db53bee9.jpg

I'll be able to rip back really bent timber with a greater degree of accuracy now before going to the planer.
Thanks for posting- that's made my day !
Apologies for the slight hijack.
Coley

Back