Van insurance with other vehicle cover.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
Turns out I'm not covered 3rd party to drive another insured vehicle not belonging to me and finding it difficult to find a company that offers this.
Anyone managed to get this when insuring a work van?
Cheers Andy

It's worthwhile everyone's checking this. The companies have taken that cover off over the years and in many cases not made it obvious. My friend drove his elderly father's car on his insurance and I told him to check it out - he said he'd had the third party cover for decades, blah blah blah ... he came over to me a week later and thanked me - he'd checked it and he wasn't covered. Another one to check if you're using a vehicle to get to work is that you have insurance for commuting - it often doesn't cost, but if you have an accident and they can prove you're going to or returning from work they can refuse to pay out.
(sorry Andy, that doesn't help you in any way. :D )

I'm insured with a commercial vehicle policy from Direct Line for my pickup and have 3rd party on any vehicle with the consent of the owner.

Mike

mikefab":1pqys120 said:
I'm insured with a commercial vehicle policy from Direct Line for my pickup and have 3rd party on any vehicle with the consent of the owner.

Was your Direct Line quote competitive with other insurers?
I wanted a policy including other vehicle cover at my last renewal but DL were £350 more expensive that VanLineDirect who I went with.

Latest posts

Back