Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Charley, CHJ, Noel

By thetyreman
thanks to woodbrains (mike) for the gifts, it went way beyond what I expected, these are tools I will treasure and use for the rest of my life,

and also thanks to morfa for organising it!

cheers, Ben.
Attachments
Secret_Santa_2017-7.jpg
Secret_Santa_2017-6.jpg
Secret_Santa_2017-5.jpg
Secret_Santa_2017-4.jpg
Secret_Santa_2017-3.jpg
Secret_Santa_2017-2.jpg
Secret_Santa_2017-1.jpg
Last edited by thetyreman on 29 Jan 2018, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
By marcros
My Secret Santa is a mystery, but I am very grateful for some workshop essentials, a pen to complete the crossword with, and a decoration for the tree. I am in the process of assembling a kit so that when friends ask me to help them, I have the basics without having to search the workshop to find them.

Thanks to Santa, and thanks to Morfa for organising.
Attachments
ss pic.jpg
By marcros
DiscoStu wrote:Well my wonderful gift was a pen and pencil set. I know they came from Marcos as he was very secretive - so thank you my friend.

Can I ask what the wood is?

Also what are the kits as they seem much nicer than the craft pro ones I’ve been buying?

I am glad that you like it. It is a thuya burl, on a mistral kit from Beaufort Ink.
By DannyEssex
Droogs wrote:
DannyEssex wrote:Merry Christmas everyone :ho2

I want to say a huge thank you to my secret santa. I will put up some photos a bit later on as it's a bit manic here at the moment.

I am truly astounded with my gift. It's stunning. Thank you very much.

You are very welcome Danny, I hope it serves you well and am really glad you like it.
Merry xmas to all and have a great new year

Droogs,

Thank you so much, I still haven't had a chance to have a play with it yet, I have never set one of these up so may need some help.

P.s glad you liked the silver pencil slider, I had you!!!
By Doris
Arron wrote:Merry Christmas everyone!

Up at 0530 this morning ready for work but didn’t forget to pack my SS gift, I wasn’t disappointed!
My generous SS has sent me an Awl,pushstick,relish and jam (all handmade)

Thank you once again SS :)
You're welcome. Glad it all arrived safely. (My wife didn't make the jam btw -I don't have one ;))

Mine arrived and accidentally opened it when it arrived but didn't see the contents only the invoice.

One veritas brass carving mallet. I'm very touched and have been after a decent mallet for years so thank you to my SS for my lovely gift.

DTR is very jealous

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
By woodbrains
Hello,

Sorry, posted my picture in the other thread, didn't realise there was a separate one for the photos.

I got a really nice carved spoon in oak. Actually it is more like a ladle, quite a deep bowl. It was rather nicely done by Tyreman, who must have had a tough job with it, it is quite a hard piece of oak. I have to admit, I saw the spoon a few days ago; my 2 1/2 year old daughter opened it when I wasn't looking! She has taken quite a shine to it. I have never carved a spoon myself, but seeing this one has inspired me to have a try next year.

Thanks Santa!
IMG_20171225_102216-1664x936.jpg
IMG_20171225_102216-1664x936.jpg (22.2 KiB) Viewed 973 times

Mike.

PS thanks Morfa for arranging the Secret Santa this year! =D>
By thetyreman
woodbrains wrote:Hello,

Sorry, posted my picture in the other thread, didn't realise there was a separate one for the photos.

I got a really nice carved spoon in oak. Actually it is more like a ladle, quite a deep bowl. It was rather nicely done by Tyreman, who must have had a tough job with it, it is quite a hard piece of oak. I have to admit, I saw the spoon a few days ago; my 2 1/2 year old daughter opened it when I wasn't looking! She has taken quite a shine to it. I have never carved a spoon myself, but seeing this one has inspired me to have a try next year.

Thanks Santa!
IMG_20171225_102216-1664x936.jpg

Mike.

PS thanks Morfa for arranging the Secret Santa this year! =D>

great to hear that mike, nice to hear your daughter likes it, hope you do have a go at it, you'll do a great job I'm sure judging by the quality of your tool making skills, they are superb.
By SVB
Just back from extended holiday and got to open my SS gift.

Many thanks for a lovely zebrano blank and pen screwdriver.

HNY to all,

Simon
Attachments
23471E95-5291-4DBF-AA56-ACFD794056C6.jpeg