Trend Craftpro Mitre Saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colonel-cueball

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Looking to replace the worn out original blade in my dads 10" mitre saw...
We just use it for trimming down boards or making planters and stuff so nothing massively precise...and it only gets used intermittently so neither of us want or are able to justify spending a lot on a blade

Looking at either a 42 Tooth or a 48 Tooth Trend Craftpro blade - seen them for around £25

Any comments on it?

I have a trend blade in my track saw - they're good blades. You might want to think about upping the tooth count to 60+ though, it will give you a cleaner finish on cross cuts

MattRoberts":1ud3crac said:
I have a trend blade in my track saw - they're good blades. You might want to think about upping the tooth count to 60+ though, it will give you a cleaner finish on cross cuts

I'm thinking about it...albeit most of what we cut is 2x3 4 6 or 1x3 or 4
I'll look at what the price diff is, the current blade (the orig) was a 40 tooth and it was cutting cleanly enough for our needs up till the last few cuts...
Advice appreciated
Thanks

So ended up buying a 42 tooth 10" blade for the small table saw my dad gave me to sort out (clarke woodworker - blade wasn't raising or staying up, after a bit of comparing the parts list with the saw, mechanism had popped out of its bracket, because a roll pin had sheared off)
First impressions - much better than the previous blade, even after sharpening the old blade (clarke branded so no wonder. Very impressed and only £23 delivered next day (18 + 5 courier cost) cross cut gave quite a smooth finish with minimal breakout in the bottom (more than clean enough for my needs)

Back