track saw with the deepest cut depth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all )

so I had a festool TS75, the big one, but I got rid of it becuse it was too big, and bought the small lidl tracksaw. I kept the festool track to use witrh the lidl saw.

The blade on it wont rip-cut, so I bought this blade for it yesterday

jccLCG8.png

It got me thinking, of the smaller diameter track saws, which has the deepest depth of cut?
Was cutting 9x2 planks for this bench yesterday and the lidl saw was just about able to cut them at 45 degrees

ELMZGUp.png

These are the specs for the Makita SP6000, which are prettymuch the same as the specs on the parkside saw, same depth at 90 and at 45 degrees.

iff3slC.png

It has the same blade as the Parkside PTSS 1200 A1 - 165mm with a 20mm bore.

Presumably all the saws with a 165mm blade are going to have the same specs.

Hiya Mike, I dont really mind about the price, becuse I have found that I use the track saw all the time. I sold my circular saw becuse I wasnt using it, so just concentrating on getting a suitable track saw seems like a good idea, regardless of price.

It seems 'suitable' for me, is one with the greatest depth of cut.

You could look for one of the Elu MH286 saws - no plunge but has the ability to use the Festool track - depth of cut is 86mm at 90deg they use a 235mm blade , bit of a beast at 8kg but possible to pick them up cheaply and spares are still available.

forgot to add - you could use the smaller plunge saw for most jobs and then just use the big saw when needed - would need to adjust the saws to have the same blade distance from track to kerf , but that is well worth the effort if you can pickup a big saw for 50£ or so.

There is a Sheppach track saw with a 75mm capacity, not sure of the model number.

Edit - it's the PL75.
Second edit - of course, the PL75 is probably as heavy and large as the TS55, so probably doesn't meet your criteria.

Cheers guys. I had a look at the Elu MH286, looks interesting, though its on the large side also.

Same goes for the scheppach PL 75, interesting but very large.

I dont need the plunge action - are there any other circular saws that will sit on a festool rail?

Saw this on a local auction site, a DeWalt DWE576K that can sit on dewalt track.

9VCSjay.png

I did not know these existed, have some googling to do, to see do other brands do similar.

Another brand that make non plunge circular saws that fit on the Festool track is Hilti , wsc255 and 265 , unfortunately Hilti have
a strange policy of not selling spare parts as afar as I can tell so they are a very poor long term investment, Elu,Dewalt,Festool and Bosch,Makita do sell spares , and sometimes for really old tools 20 years+

@finish_that - - superb! excellent, really cool.

will look at those. I'm a hobbyist, so unlikely I will ever need replacement bits for them, besides a pair of brushes in 5 or 10 years.

Back