Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By Dimmaz88
Hey guys, I was wondering if you know of any cheap palm routers. All I seem to come across are the bosch and dewalt ones.

I don't want anything special, all I intend to do with it is use it in a homemade domino. As I'm sure you've seen on youtube.

TIA
By Walney Col
By Dimmaz88
Absolutely perfect, just what I wanted. In makita green too lol.

Cheers, I'm getting closer to having some form of a domino :)
By adidat
You realise it's a makita clone right? I have the same real makita one it's very good.

Adidat
By finish_that
As a result of this post I splurged a whole 35 quid on the Amazon deal - rude not to , I have had a Trend T5 for years now, but this looks like a handy tool for a quick or small job .
By Dimmaz88
Yeah I know what you mean, I'm debating whether or not to buy a second so I can have the first dedicated to the peasant domino.
By Mark A
Dimmaz88 wrote:Just found this one for £5 less, plus it's got a metal housing. And it has speed control. Think I'll give that one a go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LVVJ99U/r ... UTF8&psc=1

finish_that wrote:As a result of this post I splurged a whole 35 quid on the Amazon deal - rude not to , I have had a Trend T5 for years now, but this looks like a handy tool for a quick or small job .

I've always been wary of cheap knock-offs so it would be interesting to know what your verdicts are.
By finish_that
Following up on this after mine arived next day after order.
Not used in anger yet too busy and working weekends:
- Makita copy
- Small print manual but detailed
- Rubber handgrip not perfectly fitted and some glue overspill
- Collet 1/4" and well finished
- No soft start
- Absolutely no vibration
- Variable speed works well