Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By DTR
This is a bit of an experiment. Most forums I've been on have had a "Post pics of [something topical]" thread, but not this one. There's probably a good reason for that, but I'm going to stick my neck out anyway.

The idea is, quite simply, to post a photo of the last thing you made. It can be something quite insignificant, a component of something bigger, or a completed project. It can be something that's not thread-worthy on its own, or it can be something that already has a 9 page WIP thread in the Projects section, it really doesn't matter! It's just a bit of fun, but hopefully it will generate some discussion too.

So here's my offering to get the ball rolling. I could have posted a photo of a mug of tea, but that's hardly relevant. This is a replacement guide knob for SWMBO's Burgess bandsaw. Formally it was in the care of her Dad, who isn't the most mechanically minded, hence why it needed a bit of a spruce up before going back into service!

By Woodmonkey
Carbide tipped turning tool, inspired by recent threads on here. Maybe got a bit carried away with the length...
IMG_20140710_112221.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By richarnold
The last thing I made on my own was a Computer desk in air dried olive ash from MAC timbers with bog oak handles and cock beading. It was a great piece to make, but I probably got the price completely wrong and hardly made minimum wage doing it. I don't really care though as you don't get commissions like this every day
By Berncarpenter
I wish you could have asked for this on a more exiting day but here we go. Made another leather strop this afternoon its a light weight one for my tool box drawer. 18mm birch ply with some of the leather Steve Maskery gave me glued on with pva. The last one i made with a granite base is great for the workshop but it is too long for the box and its heavy to cart around . Just getting some of my tools tools sorted for the Schwarz atc class on the 21st.

Cheers Bern :D
By DonJohnson
Wow! a chance to show my latest wonderful creation again !
(see also post891069.html#p891069 )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Tim_H
Bandsaw box for my youngest daughter.
IMG_20140710_234346.jpg

I am still making my workbench!
By Pete Maddex
richarnold wrote:The last thing I made on my own was a Computer desk in air dried olive ash from MAC timbers with bog oak handles and cock beading. It was a great piece to make, but I probably got the price completely wrong and hardly made minimum wage doing it. I don't really care though as you don't get commissions like this every day

Fabulous work Rich, love the olive ash.

Pete