Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By Lons
Wildman wrote:just sent you the documents, Kity parts, instruction and brochure
good luck.

Great Wildman, saved me the trouble, did you get those from me?
By Lons
Wildman wrote:probably I don't remember, old age tha knows, hee hee

Tell me about it! :lol:
By Wilderman
Could someone please send me the user's guide/manual for the Kity K5?

I appreciate it. I've had mine since the late 80's and need to make some adjustments to the jointer.

Wilderman
By Lons
Wilderman wrote:Could someone please send me the user's guide/manual for the Kity K5?

I appreciate it. I've had mine since the late 80's and need to make some adjustments to the jointer.

Wilderman

PM me your email address and I'll send all the relevant info to to
cheers
Bob

Just realised you can't pm yet so have sent one to you.
By Lons
Wilderman wrote:I looked for an email but have not seen one yet. Maybe if I post here a few times, I can PM you.

Wilderman

I'll pm you now with my email address, if you reply to that I'll send you the files

Bob
By plant
Hope I am doing this correctly, Lons, this is plantagenist asking again for a copy of the K5 instruction manual. Sorry I didn't get back to you but have been ill, and couldn't get on this forum using my old sign in hence the new name.

The K5 Combi Machine is the one with cream legs and body, it needed oiling to loosen parts, but belt is fine and have spares, the spindle morticer is my problem so need the manual to show me how to loosen it off.

Thanks for your advice and help in the past.

Plantagenist
By crocsnsocs
Hi All,
I can see this thread was started many years ago but it still looks fairly active.
15 years ago when I was a professional woodworker (changed job 10years ago) I was offered a used Kity combi machine for next to nothing (£100 I think). I bought it because although it was much too small and dinky at that time it seemed rude not to and I thought that one day in the future it might be useful - and that day has come! I have no manual which isn't too much of a problem but it looks to me as if the thicknesser should be able to run at 2 speeds. The spindle that the belt runs on has 2 distinct diameters and the 'drive pulley(?)' on the thicknesser can be moved to 2 positions so that in theory the belt can be put on either diameter. However, for this to work something would also need to move so that the belt lined up with the different diameters when moved but at present I cannot see how this can be done. I'm not sure what model the machine is despite hours of trawling around the web reading about different models. It sounds like it is most like a K5 but it has written on the green stand 'Bestcombi'. It has one motor which drives all the machines laid out on a hammerite green board: saw; spindle moulder; planer (and slot mortice attachment) and thicknesser.
Any ideas, advice please? Also if anyone could provide me with a PDF manual for a machine that sounds like this one.
Cheers
By Lons
crocsnsocs wrote:Hi All,
I can see this thread was started many years ago but it still looks fairly active.
15 years ago when I was a professional woodworker (changed job 10years ago) I was offered a used Kity combi machine for next to nothing (£100 I think). I bought it because although it was much too small and dinky at that time it seemed rude not to and I thought that one day in the future it might be useful - and that day has come! I have no manual which isn't too much of a problem but it looks to me as if the thicknesser should be able to run at 2 speeds. The spindle that the belt runs on has 2 distinct diameters and the 'drive pulley(?)' on the thicknesser can be moved to 2 positions so that in theory the belt can be put on either diameter. However, for this to work something would also need to move so that the belt lined up with the different diameters when moved but at present I cannot see how this can be done. I'm not sure what model the machine is despite hours of trawling around the web reading about different models. It sounds like it is most like a K5 but it has written on the green stand 'Bestcombi'. It has one motor which drives all the machines laid out on a hammerite green board: saw; spindle moulder; planer (and slot mortice attachment) and thicknesser.
Any ideas, advice please? Also if anyone could provide me with a PDF manual for a machine that sounds like this one.
Cheers

Yep I can send you the manual for the K5 from my machine which was one of the last to be produced before they rebadged it to a bestcombi. The main changes apart from colour was a change of spindle to 30mm on the moulder and can't remember without checking if the saw spindle changed as well, otherwise pretty much identical.

PM sent with my contact details.
By slaberg
Hello,

I picked up my K5 machine yeasterday. Could anyone send me the manual for this machine?

slo(at)mail(dot)ardalsnett(dot)no

Br

Stig