Scribing Question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neocleous

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a newbie scribing question. I need to scribe in a fillet into a wall that is at an obtuse angle so I cant use the offcut scribe method as I have on the opposite side where the wall is at 90.

EHeQm_keOq5oUx7KlDUK8CJJvsdsyMpB62hDwu0mNjwNdVm6I_A1lC4krNI3n4f4Cr-eYEb-okOd6KRb-_y7Cj-NRHpIyTBv-NGUl6Y3En0OWs1cw1xCccWidjjHrb872WlrgJKM3cgOTj6_tgdw85wr78BFPaywsqlBbcWtu6AK7MBxFMQLVKa_QFA_4WJcds1kuSFxEzJkHMBtVpFGWk5-qmnAeM5vT-nhlL3y2UpS7uXNGyU-pgMlrpKb9YvibOxUaydN_0IvzAKMhpZuVD7BKqiEm2Qj_H0-Cp2H7kUE2WsJF54ithyUWGf6AH3BeohvbZhRaL5vBiDagmrz4VlZ_1kZVr8ooC-2dsLfq8MTCTZPKASAnlnOrfSSF0XrfBnwRl_FhChufx_9wgozpth7dgITZEWXXHRukmltS_ivIZ1TmHQsdfO3JwB06xv_8th-LGFCjjiKuNk4fOkCU4W6rLgjQqJWz5_Flz3p47NBV1cThQPznthNCur2FqGPCdfA7bFfLp9wwtiYRNqaBMJsJUTRXrqKiYadWbMbliDcSv08AulfRXqG7vSpJm3L91ty1KYJRwkoIy3I9SjvnWX47X914LKrXZrXqC64MJCr6i3f-RTZTkHYKAJ5foPO67mh31gVoHD_PYR3WOdLwrvW2f3JwEydMUQ8220jDXC2eQYogoJkpqQGZM3M=w1407-h1875-no

My thought at the moment is to take a few measurements along the length of the scribe and use some trial and error to get it to fit unless there is a better technique for a scribe like this?

Thanks

Oooh, that's a bit of fun!

It's potentially a real bonus that this is a wedge-shape (up & down, I mean, rather than in and out). That gives you the opportunity to make a guess and cut it out of scrap, over-length, and adjust a couple of times. Make sure it is something stiff enough to hold easily in place, so cardboard won't do this time, but 6mm ply/ MDF might. As with any wedge you can just cut a bit off the end each time you shave a bit off the sides.

MikeG.":caqtptew said:
Oooh, that's a bit of fun!

It's potentially a real bonus that this is a wedge-shape (up & down, I mean, rather than in and out). That gives you the opportunity to make a guess and cut it out of scrap, over-length, and adjust a couple of times. Make sure it is something stiff enough to hold easily in place, so cardboard won't do this time, but 6mm ply/ MDF might. As with any wedge you can just cut a bit off the end each time you shave a bit off the sides.

Cutting a template makes sense. I have two painted infills and I think I can get both out of one so that gives me a little breathing room for whoopsies.

Thanks Pete,
I did not know anything about ticksticks. Now I don't need one, possibly never will, but it's good to know they exist anyway. Seriously I hope I remember when needed.
xy

Back