Axminster Craft AC2305B Opinions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neocleous

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve been thinking of getting a bandsaw for a while and I see the Axminster Craft AC2305B has £120 off at the moment. It seems to have mixed reviews but they seem older when the saw first came out.

Does anyone have any experience of this saw or any other recommendations?

Thanks

I am in the same boat as you. The reviews on their website seem a bit mixed which I am assuming is due to poor manufacturer quality control so you may get a bad egg. So would love to hear people's opinions or anything that anyone has to share. Especially compared to similarly priced bandsaws like the Records

It will be your lucky day if you buy ANY machine that works as advertised straight from the box. :roll: :roll:

5 of my 7 woodworking machines needed work before being useful. but once the lack of quality control is overcome, only 1 of the seven did not respond to care, and that was a Ryobi mitre saw.

I'm very happy with my axminster 350N, now the niggles are overcome.

I got the next one up and very happy. I immediately abused it with full depth ripping of wet wood, and it was more than capable.

My only quibble is with the door knobs - it's trivial, and purely cosmetic, but they feel like they may not last the course. Everything else works as advertised.

I should add add that the fence had a small dink in it (probably during the extrusion process), and Axminster sent me a new one without even asking for details - I was very impressed.

I own this very saw, and for reasons that are not that relevant but worth a mention anyway is that the first one I owned was a customer return which I got for a discount which subsequently developed a pretty serious rust problem (apparently a known fault with the first batch they did) but Axminster were fantastic and exchanged it for a brand new unit no problem.

Haven't put it through its paces yet, but it's a really solid piece of kit. Worth getting a decent 100mm dust extractor to go with it, and it does require some attention to put together, but even if you get stuck the folks at Axminster are very good at helping out.

Appreciate your post is a little older now, but hope the above helps sway you one way or the other :)

Latest posts

Back