Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By stuartpaul
I mostly use a tablet (Ipad) for most of my stuff here. Just lately I have to sign in every time as the 'keep me signed in' won't allow me to check it (absolutely fine on my laptop).

Similarly, if I post the 'notify me when a reply is posted' box also won't allow me to uncheck so I get (unwanted) notifications until I stop them via the emailed link.

I don't know if there are other boxes that won't work as there thankfully aren't that many.

This hasn't always been an issue so has something changed or is there a setting on the Ipad that needs adjusting?
By RichardG
Have you updated the iPad recently? There’s an issue with iPadOS 13 where the place you tap doesn’t always align with what’s on the screen. Try tapping around the check box and you can get the tick in the box, then report to Apple so they fix it...
By nev
clear all cookies and caches and try again.
By lurker
I had the same problem.

I "think" it was because my saved favourites was the forum page, where you get a thingy popping up telling you to log in. The keep me signed in box was there but not clickable .
....... And I fixed it by going to the home page and clicking "join or sign in".

Or I could be talking bs as usual :D
By stuartpaul
RichardG wrote:Have you updated the iPad recently? There’s an issue with iPadOS 13 where the place you tap doesn’t always align with what’s on the screen. Try tapping around the check box and you can get the tick in the box, then report to Apple so they fix it...

Thanks, - that appears to work.

Reporting to apple so they fix, - is your other job a comedian? :D :D
By TheUnicorn
I hate updates, you need to do them, but they seem to create as many problems as they solve, and most of the time you just have to put up with the issues and hope they are resolved in the future. You would have thought big companies could work out the bugs before they force them on the users.
By RichardG
stuartpaul wrote:
RichardG wrote:Have you updated the iPad recently? There’s an issue with iPadOS 13 where the place you tap doesn’t always align with what’s on the screen. Try tapping around the check box and you can get the tick in the box, then report to Apple so they fix it...

Thanks, - that appears to work.

Reporting to apple so they fix, - is your other job a comedian? :D :D

Sorry, missed the smiley :lol: