Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By sunnybob
Just been reminded that thanks and likes used to be next to our names on each post.
Now although the practice still goes on, I cant find them at all anywhere. (hammer) 8)
gis a clue nev.
By nev
One of the things we lost when the new layout was adopted unfortunately Bob.
We now only see the likes and thanks on the individual post that has been liked and thanked.
By AndyT
There's one little remnant of it left: if you click on a user's name to show their full profile (not their picture, which shows a mini profile) there's a summary of Thanks given and received, right down at the end. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not. It's missing if I look at your profile Bob, but visible for Nev. I can't see my own.
By phil.p
AndyT wrote:There's one little remnant of it left: if you click on a user's name to show their full profile (not their picture, which shows a mini profile) there's a summary of Thanks given and received, right down at the end. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not. It's missing if I look at your profile Bob, but visible for Nev. I can't see my own.

I raised this a while back and no one could give me an answer. I can see some peoples' but not mine....... or yours or Bob's. I can see Nev's. :?
By phil.p

I can see yours. :D There doesn't appear to be any logic or reason in whose are there and whose aren't.
By nev
phil.p wrote:Has thanked: 256 times

I can see yours. :D There doesn't appear to be any logic or reason in whose are there and whose aren't.

Quite right Phil. I can find no settings anywhere for switching the function (e.g. show thanks etc) on or off and to make it even more confusing some can see some that others can't. I cannot see Andy's for example but can see mine and Lurkers. I will make a note for Charley to investigate but I wouldnt hold your breath.
By sunnybob
lurker wrote:Is your inner teenager feeling a bit insecure, Bob?

I was never a teenager, even when i was a teenager. I just like things to be accurate and in their place. Someone thanked me ( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) but I couldnt find where that was stored.
On other web forums, that info is easily available to the person concerned.

Sleep...., lost....., zero.
8) 8)
By phil.p
It was useful when the thanks were all listed, as sometimes someone would thank you a year or more after the post and you could look back and occasionally add more or newer information to it.
By AndyT
phil.p wrote:It was useful when the thanks were all listed, as sometimes someone would thank you a year or more after the post and you could look back and occasionally add more or newer information to it.

Phil, try going to the User Control Panel, Board Preferences then Edit Global Settings. You can opt in to get a PM or email if someone thanks you. The message includes a link to the post they thanked you for.

I can't see an equivalent for someone just liking your post though.
By lurker
AndyT wrote:You can opt in to get a PM or email if someone thanks you..

That sounds a bit needy to me.