locked out of youtube

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I logged out thinking I'd be able to log in again, turns out there's no record of my passwords for youtube, I can't remember the email I used for the original account, my channel might have to be abandoned which would be a shame, any tips on how to log in? surely google have a record of my IP somewhere which would confirm I am who I am. This seems to have happened with a recent google update! weird.

p.s I've already gone thought their standard process via verification code and all that but the problem is phone number has changed and also email...

Usually you can find passwords stored in your browser somewhere, probably via the Settings or Preferences menu (often under Security) worth checking through, usually stored against the website to which they apply.

profchris":3vlmoxg1 said:
Usually you can find passwords stored in your browser somewhere, probably via the Settings or Preferences menu (often under Security) worth checking through, usually stored against the website to which they apply.

It's not in there, it is saved as 'never saved' for google within chrome so can't access them lol

What have you posted on u tube because if some makes a comment on there you should be notified or even if someone subscribes that will let you know the e mail address you are using for u tube.
Not being very good at computers this is only a suggestion at least there is no harm trying

I had a similar problem about 12 months ago.
I had used an email address via NTL that I had used to upload a couple of videos to youtube many years ago after the take over by Virgin I hadnt used it for many months and it got deleted but I still had the original phone number I had used and after a long time I did manage to reclaim my videos following the youtube help pages but it was not an easy process.
I think that if you no longer have access to the email or phone number you used to set up your channel and cant remember your password I think that you may have a problem that you may not be able to resolve.
If you still have access to the email account you used and have several you should be able to search them all and find 1 that has some sort of message from youtube.

Join you tube as a new member and log onto your videos and make a comment which should give you a notice in your emails somewhere

If you want to try to get new comments from viewers dont do it yourself get a friend to do it on a different computer.

Latest posts

Back