Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By PeteG
I haven't been able to download an Avatar image from my PC for months. I've tried several times
making the images different sizes from 140 x 140 pixels and below to a maximum of 8.93 kiB
or less. Please help :D
By nev
As you see :) It Should work, there are no restrictions or faults as far as I can see. make sure that the file name extension is the correct format e.g. .jpg

edit: that image is a .jpg 68x90px, 7kb, (with a resolution of 72x72, but i dont think that matters).

If you still have no joy attach your desired image to a post and I'll try it from this end.
By PeteG
nev wrote:As you see :) It Should work, there are no restrictions or faults as far as I can see. make sure that the file name extension is the correct format e.g. .jpg

Appreciated Nev, but still no luck. Tried again with the same Jpeg image at 50 x 59 px.
After clicking submit it says Profile update, but it hasn't replaced your image.
Last edited by PeteG on 21 Oct 2019, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
By nev
attach it to a post and I'll try it
By PeteG
Cheers Nev :D

Finished Table Avatar2.jpg
Finished Table Avatar2.jpg (19.54 KiB) Viewed 608 times
By nev
It was still too big pete. Had to reduce it in size even more which results in the blurry image. Id try with a copy of the original image and reduce the amount of colours in it and then reduce the size (in pixels) and see if you can get a clearer image.
Have to go out now but will have a bash later.
By PeteG
Appreciated Nev. It was only showing 8.6 K in Photoshop. I've made it very small and it's downloaded,
but like you say, the quality is very poor.
By nev
This is pinched from your WIP post and resized with the above program and claims to be below the required size.

phpPzpEyT_c3AM.jpg
phpPzpEyT_c3AM.jpg (5.32 KiB) Viewed 571 times
By PeteG
nev wrote:This is pinched from your WIP post and resized with the above program and claims to be below the required size.

phpPzpEyT_c3AM.jpg

You star Nev :D Thank you very much that's perfect...