Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By Noel
If you need any assistance or information or have a problem with the site please post here.
As soon as one of the moderating team log on, any issues or problems will be addressed.

Posts will be left up for a day or two in case they may be of benefit to the membership.
By phil.p
Any idea why when I look at people's profiles some people's show the has thanked/been thanked and other peoples don't? :?
By nev
no.
By xy mosian
Mods, In the post about Three Wheeled Bandsaws, #1288101, the Burgess Bandsaw Wooden Clock plans were mentioned. I stated that there was a problem with the original plans, about 1981, which involved one of the gears and that I have a printed solution. I was reluctant to include an image of the page having respect for copywright.
Another member suggested this would hardly be a problem.
I have tracked down the correction, first published in Practical Woodworking. This magazine seems to be associated with Good Woodworking now and I have emailed them pointing out the situation and asking permission to publish the page image. I will let you have all emails regarding this.
If I have got it all wrong please delete my posts and I will happily forget all about it.
Thanks in advance, xy mosian.
By CHJ
xy mosian wrote:Mods, In the post about Three Wheeled Bandsaws, #1288101, the Burgess Bandsaw Wooden Clock plans were mentioned. I stated that there was a problem with the original plans, about 1981, which involved one of the gears and that I have a printed solution. I was reluctant to include an image of the page having respect for copywright.
Another member suggested this would hardly be a problem.
I have tracked down the correction, first published in Practical Woodworking. This magazine seems to be associated with Good Woodworking now and I have emailed them pointing out the situation and asking permission to publish the page image. I will let you have all emails regarding this.
If I have got it all wrong please delete my posts and I will happily forget all about it.
Thanks in advance, xy mosian.
Having previously gone through this copyright saga with a publisher on another subject (a lathe review) and received a positive response I doubt very much that a magazine publisher will have an interest in something published circa 40?yrs. ago.

And as it's only a small portion of the article, and a correction at that, with due acknowledgment of the source I personally foresee no problem.
By xy mosian
Thank you very much Chas.
As yet I have received no response from Practical Woodworking, they clearly think this is not an important matter. I will give them perhaps another day then carry on regardless.
xy
By OscarG
I think i had a thread deleted in General woodworking. A jokey post containing a youtuber.

Can a mod please confirm?
By OscarG
I didn't no. It got deleted before I saw any replies.

I was innocently watching vids of 'tubers making wine racks, after a couple that ridiculous one came up and it made me laugh! I thought someone else might find it funny too.

Guess not!

ps. if it upset anyone I'm sorry.
By AES
@xy-mosian (and anyone else interested): I think (only think) that somewhere squirreled away I have both the original Burgess band saw plans for that clock, and also the subsequently published correction. I have a plan to try and make that (one day, I don't like to rush into these things!) so if anyone wants a copy of either/both, I'll be happy to dig either/both out.

Suggest you PM me if interested - I can't imagine they're still copyright now.
By xy mosian
Thanks AES, I have the original Burgess plans as well.
As I said in #1288981, the originator of the clock, B. R. Law, has a good website which has a number of free clock plans. I believe that his clock number 5, is effectively the Burgess clock.
I posted the corrections to the gearing in #1288720.
Thanks again.
xy.