Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By Noel
If you need any assistance or information or have a problem with the site please post here.
As soon as one of the moderating team log on, any issues or problems will be addressed.

Posts will be left up for a day or two in case they may be of benefit to the membership.
By AndyT
Fresh problem.

I know I have uploaded photos in .png format before (portable network graphic). I tried just now and got an error message saying .jpg was expected.

Is this a config error at your end or a policy decision? The file was only 73kb.
By nev
attaching png to test (53kb)

facebookIcon.png
By nev
Seems to be ok for me?
Maybe CHJ could delve deeper.

and just to state the obvious you have no accidental spaces or . in the file extension and it is definitely a "proper" .png ? not just a file that's been renamed etc.
By AndyT
Thanks Nev.

I've tried again but got the same result

Screenshot_2020-01-31-11-33-58.jpg

This is from my Android phone. I'll try again on the PC.
By nev
Trying from iPhone (deliberately upside down for reference)

31B2FFDA-49D5-475A-9D0A-898AD1AE65A5.png
By nev
Possibly to do with Android mobile access settings server end? Have you tried a different image in png format?
By AndyT
I tried again on the phone, with and without desktop site and the file renamed to testpng.png - got the same error message.
By CHJ
Uploaded from PC, wiil endeavour to upload from Android later.
segsample.PNG
PNG file. 179kb
segsample.PNG (179.21 KiB) Viewed 610 times

Sorry for late input was on the road in traffic this morning when first post arrived.
By AndyT
Thanks!

I wonder what I am doing that triggers the error message.

Not a big deal in the scheme of things but png seems quite efficient on file size, so nice to have the option if poss.
By Richard Dunmore
Not receiving notifications from UKW in recent years - have just deleted cookies
in Safari on Mac computer. See what happens ---

Had problem logging in in recent years (not being recognised) but everything appears to be working at moment.

Although I have been a member for over 10 years I have not yet posted!
Am I able to buy an item in the "FOR SALE" forum without making "3 substantial posts" or making the "50 post ruling?
By CHJ
Richard Dunmore wrote:Not receiving notifications from UKW in recent years - have just deleted cookies
in Safari on Mac computer. See what happens ---

Had problem logging in in recent years (not being recognised) but everything appears to be working at moment.

Although I have been a member for over 10 years I have not yet posted!
Am I able to buy an item in the "FOR SALE" forum without making "3 substantial posts" or making the "50 post ruling?
Yes you are able to purchase regardless of post count.

(You have been a member of the forum under your current user name since 27 Mar 2018)

You did have reply notifications turned off in your profile , therefore no notification if you were watching a thread.
By MikeG.
Could someone have a look at the naughty word filter, please. I used "messed" in a post and it changed it to "messed". When I took the hyphen away it allowed the phrase as written. To be clear, that's "foil backed", but hyphenated.
Last edited by MikeG. on 05 Apr 2020, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.