Where to buy larger drill bit 16mm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-wan

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in need of a 16mm drill bit for drilling quarter inch thick 1 inch by 2 inch rectangular section aluminium.

I already have a set of bits up to 13 mm from wealden tools

Would prefer not to use a step drill so I can drill straight through the bar without having to flip it over

The item in the photograph below will be fitted into the hole I only need to drill a couple of holes

Any advice on where to find a quality drill bit for this purpose for use in my pillar drill would be really helpful, doesn't need to be reduced shank as my chuck can take bits up to 16mm

The holes need to be fairly accurate as it's for holding quick-release wheelchair hubs which are being converted into a trolley.

Thanks

Ewan
a5b5f576e597955b9ad61f0009a47aeb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For a particular job I bought 15mm, 16mm and 17mm (one of each) from our local Wurth. They're a German firm basically but I THINK they're in UK as well (if not, Internet).

I didn't buy blacksmith's jobbies (which as said above are normally shorter, and usually have a reduced shank) but drills with Morse Taper 2 shanks (+ tang) to suit my Rexon pillar drill - AFTER I explained to the young lad behind the counter what MT was all about! he had to consult a (paper) catalogue (which was huge) and they didn't have them on the shelf but came into my local branch quite quickly.

At approx. the equivalent of ten to fifteen quid each (I forget) they weren't exactly cheap but are lovely tools and though I'm in my 70s they will not only last my lifetime, they'll last whoever inherits all my junk's lifetime as well.

Here's a link to their HO:

https://wurth-international.com/en/comp ... rth-group/

HTH

Back