Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By doctor Bob
Kitchen we installed at Christmas.
Personal preference would to have put a stainless steel surround on the fridge to keep it flush but client wanted it poking out.
Any one want to guess at how much the hob was?
Oak veneer carcases and tulipwood doors and frames.

By MikeG.
I personally prefer the utility, but they're both very nice. Hope someone nipped up the screws on that socket under the worktop on the island unit!

I think that's a modern Crittall door in the background. If not, it's quite similar.
By Sgian Dubh
Precise work, very neatly executed.

doctor Bob wrote: Any one want to guess at how much the hob was?

£475 online from Argos, including delivery; or maybe slightly discounted to just £300 as a store display 'scratch and dent' item from Circuit City, plus a sort your own delivery arrangement?

I've got to be close … surely? Slainte.
By doctor Bob
Sgian Dubh wrote:
doctor Bob wrote: Any one want to guess at how much the hob was?

£475 online from Argos, including delivery; or maybe slightly discounted to just £300 as a store display 'scratch and dent' item from Circuit City, plus a sort your own delivery arrangement?

I've got to be close … surely? Slainte.

You are a little off...........
By Trevanion
I must admit Bob, I was having a nose around on your website the other day and I was really impressed with the website itself and the level of quality of work featured on the there. I really cannot pick fault with anything at all and believe me, I tried! :D

The gaps around every drawer and door are absolutely perfect on every unit, the paintwork looks to be absolutely immaculate and crisp, everything has been designed and planned out very nicely with no "over the top" parts as some designers do. It's a really nice balance of modern and traditional design which is extremely difficult to accomplish. And above all else, it looks to be absolutely bomb-proof craftsmanship.

You and your boys are definitely "High-end" craftsmen =D>
By phil.p
Beautiful ............ but I doubt anyone will ever cook properly in it. If you can afford that, why would you? :D
By Sgian Dubh
doctor Bob wrote: You are a little off...........

Nice to know I'm close. I've always had a shrewd nose for a price … but I wouldn't want to BORA you with all that, ha, ha. Slainte.
Last edited by Sgian Dubh on 15 Mar 2019, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
By nev
Cracking job!

I bet the kitchen cost more than my house and the hob more than my car :)
By Doug71
doctor Bob wrote:
Doug71 wrote:Very nice, classy looking job as always.

Is the floor in the utility tiles or something else?

Tiles, random, looks great. Nothing to do with us.

Thank you, might be copying that.
By phil.p
My mother had a Moffat oven and hob installed in a new house in 1979, all touch control etc. I forget how many thousand it cost but it used to pack up with monotonous regularity, on one occasion twice in the same day. On twelve occasions the "black box" was replaced at a cost of £550 a time (guarantee). :shock:
On one occasion I chased the fitter down the drive - the one he'd just fitted had already failed. Just as well things now are a little better. :D