Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By doctor Bob
This is Billy, nearly 12. Rose to fame on the forum by stealing Steve Maskery's hand made cake at my workshop open day, turned his back for 10 seconds and whoosh it was gone, gobbled down in 3 mouthfuls.

We found out he's terminal last week, couple of months hopefully.
Seaside for him this weekend and an icecream followed by tennis ball throwing and retrieving. Still coming to the workshop. I will miss him terribly, even though we have another herbert (in the background)
By phil.p
My boxer nearly twelve when she was put down - she was fit as a flea at 6pm, and dying at 2am. A twisted bowel. Three years ago and I still miss her. We re homed an American bulldog X after he'd been found as a stray and kenneled for two years, he was beautiful .............. he got cancer and only lasted six months. I puppy sit four days a week now for my daughter's eight month old English bulldog - I have never met a dog so bloody stubborn. Later in the year maybe another ... :D
DSCF0028.JPG
By chris watford
Sounds like you are doing the best for Billy, hope your other woofer will not sulk too much.

My mum was a dog breeder and I still think about my dog, and all the others back then and this is nearly 50 years ago.

Chris
By phil.p
Mmmm ... I still remember Peta, Heidi, Helga, Daisy, Poppy, Mr. Bumble, Henessey, Tonto, Minnie, Blue, Freddy, Dagmar, Suzie, Pansy, Lulu, Dolly, Bella, Jezobel, Cleo and George. :(
It always leaves a hole in your life when they go. :cry:
By DrPhill
I feel for you. Make the most of what you can....

When I was young we had a dog that liked swimming. Her last holiday was for her, though by then all she could do was lie in the shallows.

We have two elderly dogs - 12 & 13. There will be time enough for tears soon, but until then lots of short but interesting walks.
By Bm101
Ahhhh Bob.
Sorry mate. They are too good for this world to my mind. Certainly too good for most people. When you get a good one and a right minded human, you realise why people and dogs are so conducive to an unspoken but articulate conversation. Still miss my lad 10 + years on.
Best wishes and roll on the treats and icecream.
Regards
Chris
By doctor Bob
Bm101 wrote:Ahhhh Bob.
Sorry mate. They are too good for this world to my mind. Certainly too good for most people. When you get a good one and a right minded human, you realise why people and dogs are so conducive to an unspoken but articulate conversation. Still miss my lad 10 + years on.
Best wishes and roll on the treats and icecream.
Regards
Chris

Cheers Chris, his favourite p!ss tree is the one from you. Can't be harming it, coming into bud, I'll take a pic in the summer.
By John15
Bob, sorry about your mate Billy. I have a feeling what you are going through, members of the family. My wife has had Irish Setters for nearly fifty years and every one is buried in the garden with a cross and flowers to mark their graves.

John
By doctor Bob
John15 wrote:Bob, sorry about your mate Billy. I have a feeling what you are going through, members of the family. My wife has had Irish Setters for nearly fifty years and every one is buried in the garden with a cross and flowers to mark their graves.

John

He'll be in our garden, no cross, just a new tree to remember him.
By Bm101
Nitrogen is a great fertiliser Bob unless you are a lawn.
Glad the tree is coming on.
Circle of life isn't it really.
Best as always, much respect,
Chris
By Harbo
We never got over our 13yr old Lab
They become part of the family.
Sorry for your loss.

Rod
By stuartpaul
Sorry to hear of your impending loss Bob. As I’ve got older I’ve got softer and loosing a dog has a big impact on me. We lost two quite close together just over a year ago, - broke my heart at the time.

This is the replacement, a husky/GS cross (rescue). I spend all day with him so we’ve got close.
Attachments
46486D85-4EFA-4BC6-B811-AE2DFF8CCCE7.jpeg
By thetyreman
sorry to hear this, it's hard to deal with loosing a family pet, at least try and enjoy what time is left with him