Wiring Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giff

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just received a new motor for my Axminster AWHBS 450N bandsaw. I have 3 standard coded, mains wires to connect, blue, brown and earth and it isn't obvious which L or N goes into the connector block, it is slightly different to the old one.
Can anyone help.
Axminster can't until Monday, although I asked yesterday.
Thanks Geoff

Attachments

• IMG_6953.jpg
    IMG_6953.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 131
I have the same bandsaw but it still has its original supplied motor on it....

I can take a look at the motor terminal wiring when I get home this afternoon to see if I can shed any light on the subject for you if that helps...?

Tim.

It's not easy to see from your pic but the switch should interrupt the Live (Brown) wire. Don't forget the earth connection! Cheers, W2S

Thanks Tim. I have the original which is colour coded and obvious which is which. As you maybe able to tell in the photo the colours aren't "normal".
Only the earth is marked as a separate connection and that's the same. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks W2S....there doesn't seem to be a brown wire. There is a red but I'm not sure where it goes or where it's coming from !

Thanks Geoff

H Geoff,

I just took a look at mine and took this picture.

IMAG0347.jpg

The overload switch on the Lhs is connected to the Live in (Brown) on my terminal block in my picture and the Neutral in (Blue) is connected to the Blue wire directly to the motor.
The middle terminal on the terminal block is not used.

I hope this helps.

Tim.

Attachments

• IMAG0347.jpg
    IMAG0347.jpg
    713.5 KB · Views: 81
Hi Tim
Yes it does help. Thanks for going to the trouble to look. I don't know why that have "uncoded" the wires but I think I will follow the layout of yours. The earth is seperate as before, so I will ignore the middle terminal.

Thanks again Geoff

Back